Fracture of the cat ribs
Are the broken bones in sight? Does the cat hurt too much when you touch the thorax?
Are there abnormal protuberances in it? YES
Probable fracture of ribs.
Go to the veterinarian NOW..
If the cat emits sibilant or warbling sounds on having breathed, it indicates that there has been penetration of the bone in the thoracic cavity
- Immobilize the cat if it is necessary.
- If there are opened fractures, cover them with clean gauze
- Bind up firmly his chest with strips of sheet, but not so tight that they impede the breathing. If you have he (she) has someone who helps you, do that the wound covers with the palm of the hand during the distance up to the veterinarian.
The own cover of fat of the cat sometimes stops up the wound of the chest. This one is one of the rare cases in which it is possible to apply on the wound a dressing smeared with Vaseline in order that closes it hermetically.
4. If part of the thoracic box stands out a bit, bind up first this zone doing sufficient pressure for eliminating the protuberance. (A very big bundle generally corresponds to the broken end of a rib. A soft bundle implies that the lung probably has been perforated, the deep musculature is damaged and the air tries to escape for the opening)
5. Take the cat immediately to the veterinarian (Do not raise or support taking him for the chest.
Fracture of the tail: Is there the twisted, swollen or dislocated tail?
Is it flaccid?
Hung it inert when the cat is defecating? YES
Possible fracture of the tail. Go to the veterinarian within 24 hours.
- To try to bandage the tail it's practically with no sense. Let it such a same.
- Coordinate an appointment with the veterinarian for the following 24 hours.