Male Dog Behaviors in Presence of a Female Dog in Heat
It is important to mention here what the behavior of the male in presence of a female in heat is, so here are the most common ones:
- Raising the tail high above the back.
- Smelling the snout, ears and back of the female.
- Smelling the croup.
- Smelling the area of the vulva.
- Licking the snout, ears and back of the female.
- Insistently licking the vulva.
- Playfully provoking, kneeling on the front legs and arching his back.
- Struggling with the bitch.
- Chasing the bitch.
- Marking his territory with urine.
- Standing right next to the female.
- Leaning one or two days on the back of her.
- Mounting and firmly grasping her sides with his front paws.
- Making forceful impulses with his pelvis.
|Dog Breeding A Litter Refrigerated What Happens Artificial Insemination Dog Breeding Behaviors Characteristics Planning Out-Cross Line Breeding AVOID In-Breeding Choosing Stud Preparing Dogs Mount Inseminating|