Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4584: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
clear liquid/mucus? vomit : Allergic Reactions
Save-a-Dog Facebook application: a cause app to help shelter dogs and rescue puppies

clear liquid/mucus? vomit

Health related problems that appear to be allergy related (skin condition, sneazing or others). On your part or your dog's part are for discussion here.

clear liquid/mucus? vomit

Postby HickoryNan2006 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:39 pm

7month old cockapoo..usually 1 time during night with heave and bring up some liquid/mucus..otherwise healthy...food not included..anything to do..It does stain fabric he is sleeping on but doesn't have an odor. what to do?
HickoryNan2006
Dog Loving Active Member

Postby Lindsay » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:27 pm

It sounds more to me like an allergy. If he were actually vomiting, it would be a yellow color and may or may not contain food. The fact that he is bringing up a clear liquid leads me to believe that he is actually coughing up mucus. I would have him seen by a Vet to determine the cause.

If you are concerned about his bedding, then I would toss down a dark colored towel for him to lay on. He is still pretty young and I would recommend crate training him. This way you know that he is safe while you are sleeping and he can't get into trouble. ;)
Lindsay
Senior Award Contributor *****
Senior Award Contributor  *****

Postby suebgone » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:24 pm

hmmm, didn't say "clear" liquid. How often does your dog get fed? Or is there food available all the time?

You can probaly stop this by feeding twice a day & then a snack at bedtime. some yogurt & a couple bisquits, apple slices & cottage cheese something lite.
suebgone

Postby LabLover » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:25 am

Sounds like he's hungry to me, too...
LabLover

Postby HickoryNan2006 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:43 pm

Thanks for all the replies..yes, it is clear liquid..(unless he consumes a squeaker from a toy!) ...He has been eating 2X but an evening snack sounds like a good idea..He's a great pal..
HickoryNan2006
Dog Loving Active Member

Postby suebgone » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:03 pm

Let us know if it helped & how he's doing.
suebgone

Puppy fine!

Postby HickoryNan » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:57 pm

Brady is doing great..Bedtime snack cured the situation..who knew!!? Glad I found this site..What do you all think of rawhide chews vs nylabone?? Thanks again.
HickoryNan

Postby LabLover » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:52 am

Nylabone, all the way! Here's a link to one of the posts about rawhides...

http://www.seefido.com/dog-discussion-forum/viewtopic.php?t=1229
LabLover

Continuing saga

Postby HickoryNan2006 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:52 pm

Brady continues to do well..the vet said to give him 1/2 mg Pepcid at bedtime..Okay so the tablets are 10mg..How is this to be??? Hmmm
HickoryNan2006
Dog Loving Active Member

Postby HMZ » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:59 pm

Just for future reference, if your dog ends up consistently vomiting clear liquid with no coloration, i.e. waterish, it could be a very bad sign. It could mean that the dog is having difficulty keeping water down and keeping itself hydrated. In that case, the dog could quickly become dehydrated (and die) if you don't get to a vet. Of course, you'd have some warnings that something was amiss -- diarrhea, vomiting food, etc.
HMZ
Senior Contributor ***
Senior Contributor ***

puppy concerns

Postby HickoryNan » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:16 pm

Thanks so much for the reply and concern!!! I know that hydration is important ..especially with our continuing warm weather..He is supplied water even when in his crate..I checked with vet this PM and the mg. for Pepcid is 5mg or 1/2 of the 10 mg. tab..The tech had told me 1/2 of 1mg. Wouldn't be the same!!
HickoryNan

Postby HMZ » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:04 pm

<p>Yikes!&nbsp; Good thing you double checked on the dosage.</p>
<p>What I meant with the vomiting clear liquid is that even if the dog has access to water and drinks and drinks and drinks, it won't be able to keep the water down and won't be able to hydrate itself.&nbsp; </p>
HMZ
Senior Contributor ***
Senior Contributor ***

Return to Allergic Reactions