Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4584: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
I would like to talk to yorkie owners : Dog Breed Discussion
Save-a-Dog Facebook application: a cause app to help shelter dogs and rescue puppies

I would like to talk to yorkie owners

Let’s chat about dog breeds.
They are all very different but share so many similarities and traits.
Big, large, medium, small or tiny dog breeds.
Owners of all breeds are invited to let us know what you think.

I would like to talk to yorkie owners

Postby keiana » Mon May 15, 2006 4:38 am

if a yorkie is 10-12lbs does that mean he is a mixed breed or flawed?

My yorkie has a pink stripe on his black nose and he is like 10-12 lbs. I know most yorkies are below 7 lbs. I am just curious. I love my yorkie so much, but I am just wondering if the petstore ripped me off...I paid 1000 for him.

sincerely,

keiana
keiana

Postby Guest » Mon May 15, 2006 10:25 pm

Do you have the papers for it?
I am pretty sure they only grow to be 7-8 lbs...

$1000 to $3000 depending on parents.

Postby suebgone » Tue May 16, 2006 3:48 am

any dog you get at a pet store came from a puppy mill or a back yard breeder & could of course be mixed. The AKC standard is no more than 7#. It doesn't necessarily mean he is flawed or mixed, just poorly bred & not within the standard.

Too bad you didn't go to a Yorkie Rescue where for about $300 you could have gotten a wonderful pooch - fully vetted, leash & house trained neutered etc.
suebgone
Senior Award Contributor *****
Senior Award Contributor  *****

yorkie

Postby Lab-Adore » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:32 pm

I'd say love him lots and do more research next time.
Lab-Adore
Senior Dog Enthusiast Member

Postby struthbunny » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:13 am

Interesting! I have a male Yorkie which I bought (sight unseen) from a registered breeder. She lived about 600 miles away and I went to her because I had always been told to go to registered breeders. She told me he was the largest of the litter, and I nearly died when he turned up - at 3 months he was bigger than my two Yorkie bitches fully grown!I felt like sending him straight back, but couldn't put him through that journey again, so took him home and loved him anyway. He now weighs 18lbs!! I love him dearly, but have been told that Yorkies at one time were very much larger than they are now, and sometimes you get a throwback to the large size. Maybe your dog was in the same position as mine, the Titan of the litter and the breeder knowing they could not sell him elsewhere sent him to a pet shop. I would NEVER again buy a dog sight unseen, nor would I buy from a petshop. If you want a smaller dog maybe you could get a Yorkie bitch to keep him company?
struthbunny

Re: I would like to talk to yorkie owners

Postby pot » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:31 pm

<p>
keiana wrote:if a yorkie is 10-12lbs does that mean he is a mixed breed or flawed?My yorkie has a pink stripe on his black nose and he is like 10-12 lbs. I know most yorkies are below 7 lbs. I am just curious. I love my yorkie so much, but I am just wondering if the petstore ripped me off...I paid 1000 for him.sincerely,keiana
</p>
<p>He is a Yorkie, he is not within the standard of what the AKC set. Yorkies used to be big when they were first bred. I have a big Yorkie too. He is 3 months old and weigh 5 pounds. He should be about 10 pounds fully grown which is more than 7 pounds but I really love him and wouldn't give him back for anything. The good thing is, he is not yappy at all and is very mellow. I am not sure if it is just his laidback attitude or smaller dogs tend to be yappier coz they have to prove that they are big. I would rather have a nice mellow dog than a yappy one eventhough smaller.</p>
<p>1000 is a little too expensive especially since pink stripe on nose is a flaw in Yorkies. They tend to have little pinkish on the nose as a very young pup but they usually change to all black when they are older pup.</p>
<p>Just love him. Doesn't matter what or how he looks, he is not for show/competition anyways and every dog is different and are individuals eventhough they are of the same breed.</p>
pot

Re: I would like to talk to yorkie owners

Postby bearlasmommy » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:47 am

<p>
keiana wrote:if a yorkie is 10-12lbs does that mean he is a mixed breed or flawed?My yorkie has a pink stripe on his black nose and he is like 10-12 lbs. I know most yorkies are below 7 lbs. I am just curious. I love my yorkie so much, but I am just wondering if the petstore ripped me off...I paid 1000 for him.sincerely,keiana
</p>
<p>$1000 is not much too pay for a ball full of love.&nbsp; And if its not perfect in everyway that you would think a yorkie could be thin twice becaseu he is really perfect in everyway that he was created.&nbsp; His heart beats strong, his tail wags constantly, he is loyal, loving and sees no one but you.&nbsp; Humans have faults and not ONE of us is perfect, we all have our flaws, some more obvious, others less.&nbsp; </p>
<p>He may be 10 - 12 lbs instead of seven but there is just that much more to love.</p>
bearlasmommy

Return to Dog Breed Discussion