Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4584: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
Self-Euthanasia : Dog Euthanasia - Putting a friend to Sleep. Pet Loss Support.
Save-a-Dog Facebook application: a cause app to help shelter dogs and rescue puppies

Self-Euthanasia

The ultimate act of bravery... You & your veterinarian agree that it's best to put your dog to sleep... Get Moral Support for your loss, share views and feelings.

Self-Euthanasia

Postby dinowc » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:53 am

:cry:
Duke is a 14 year old black Lab. He is hurting. So am I, financially. I am tired and sad, of watching him live out his last days. He can hardly get himself up from lying down. He can't shed his fur. He deficates wherever he may be standing. He can hardly hear (good thing I taught him those hand signs for hunting and obedience). He needs to be put out of his misery! Will OTC meds work and if so what and how much? I have an 'Ambien" prescription and was thinking of using that because I figured he would just fall into a perpetual sleep, no pain or misery! If I were to use that, how many mg's do you think it would take for a 50 - 60 lb. lab?
Reluctantly,
Dino
dinowc
Dog Loving Active Member

Postby suebgone » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:24 am

No you can't "do it yourself". Anything you would get OTC is not going to kill your dog. Call your local shelter or AC & see if they do euthanasia for the public. It is usually cheaper than a vet.

If you care at all about this dog you will find a way to have this done at your vets office or have him come to your house.

It is not right that you leave him to suffer.
suebgone
Senior Award Contributor *****
Senior Award Contributor  *****

Re: Self-Euthanasia

Postby dinowc » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:17 am

Are you already judging me? I have asked for only EDUCATED opinions, not emotional opinions. Your statement, "It is not right that you leave him to suffer." leads me to believe that either you did not understand what I was asking or you just jumped to emotional conclusions. Suffering is totally out of the equation! That is why I asked for EDUCATED advice about AMBIEN. Ambien is a sleeping pill! There would be no suffering whatsoever, as far as what I have discerned.
Thanks for your reply though.
Sincerely,
Dino
dinowc
Dog Loving Active Member

Postby 4Rocky » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:48 pm

Dear Dino,

Evidently he/she don't understand. I pray for whatever decision you do to you dog. I'll pray for your dog also.... Just be with him and touch him and let him know it's alright.

I will pray for you, too.... Do you know that animals go to heaven, too? You'll see him again, don't worry. He will be in a better place.

4Rocky
4Rocky

Postby Lindsay » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:12 pm

Oh no. You cannot put your dog to sleep yourself. He needs to be put to sleep by a Vet. It is not an emotional opinion. It's the law. You need to make some phone calls and see if there is a shelter or humane society that would be willing to assist you.
Lindsay

sELF Euthanasia

Postby dinowc » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:22 am

[quote="Lindsay"]Oh no. You cannot put your dog to sleep yourself. He needs to be put to sleep by a Vet. It is not an emotional opinion. It's the law. You need to make some phone calls and see if there is a shelter or humane society that would be willing to assist you.[/quote

I live in a remote area and do not believe there are any laws against it. The laws, as I am familiar with, have to do with disposal. I intend to bury him next to our 23 year old cat.
dinowc
Dog Loving Active Member

Postby suebgone » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:49 am

dinowc wrote:Are you already judging me? I have asked for only EDUCATED opinions, not emotional opinions. Your statement, "It is not right that you leave him to suffer." leads me to believe that either you did not understand what I was asking or you just jumped to emotional conclusions. Suffering is totally out of the equation! That is why I asked for EDUCATED advice about AMBIEN. Ambien is a sleeping pill! There would be no suffering whatsoever, as far as what I have discerned.
Sincerely,
Dino

The suffering I referred to is NOW. YOU said "he needs to be put out of his misery". YOU said he can hardly get up. YOU said he cannot control his bowels. YOU said you are hurting financially. IF he can't shed his fur it is because you aren't brushing him.

Just so you know I AM very EDUCATED in dog euthanasia. Please take him to a vet or shelter to be euthanized.
suebgone

SAMMY'S MOM

Postby LSJ » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:04 pm

I understand you,
it costs 44 dollars to put my Sammy down, and I could not afford the 200
cremation, etc. but I was there with her so I knew she went peaceful,
I wish I could have done more at the time of her death,
but I took good care of her when she was alive, and I figured I have all of the pictures, like when my daughter used to dress her up and she was so
patient with my daughter,
please check around, 44 dollars wasn't that much and they provided all the medicine, and took care of her remains.
best of luck, I know you care for your pet.
LSJ

Postby Mugsy » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:47 pm

dinowc wrote:Are you already judging me? I have asked for only EDUCATED opinions, not emotional opinions. Your statement, "It is not right that you leave him to suffer." leads me to believe that either you did not understand what I was asking or you just jumped to emotional conclusions. Suffering is totally out of the equation! That is why I asked for EDUCATED advice about AMBIEN. Ambien is a sleeping pill! There would be no suffering whatsoever, as far as what I have discerned.
Sincerely,
Dino

Although I think this is a troll, I'm going to post a normal reply.

Dino, Leave Euthanasia to the professionals. What if your dog has an allergic reaction? What if your dog goes into seizures? What if you accidentally make things worse rather than ease the dog of suffering?

I'm sorry you are going through this trying time, but it is important that you leave medical procedures to the professionals. Ask about payment arrangements and have your dog properly taken care of. That can be your ultimate sacrifice for your dog. Your last gift of KINDNESS to your beloved pet.
Mugsy

Postby suebgone » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:19 am

Mugsy wrote "Although I think this is a troll" I agree, there have been a lot of them lately. The one or two post wonders
suebgone

Postby Mugsy » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:22 am

suebgone wrote:Mugsy wrote "Although I think this is a troll" I agree, there have been a lot of them lately. The one or two post wonders

Well the fact that she / he JUMPED down your throat after advice seems like he / she was baiting for an argument.
Mugsy

Postby EskieLuv » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:52 pm

:( Oh my gosh..........I can't believe what I have read. Are there really sick, mean people out there that would troll a Animal board. That is just sick and mean. Here we come on here and pour out our hearts about our loved ones who aren't going to make it.
I guess I never thought that would happen :(
I just felt really sad when I read this.
EskieLuv
Senior Dog Enthusiast Member
Senior Dog Enthusiast Member

Postby kimc » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:55 pm

unfortunately, there are Trolls amongst us. If you are really seeking advice about the welfare of your dogs, this forum is a great place. There are honest well meaning people here that really care about the well being of our canine friends. Welcome to SeeFido.
kimc

Postby HMZ » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:47 pm

suebgone wrote:Mugsy wrote "Although I think this is a troll" I agree, there have been a lot of them lately. The one or two post wonders

Yes, this is why I didn't post here.
HMZ
Senior Contributor ***
Senior Contributor ***

Postby dinowc » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:11 pm

Thanks for your reply.
Sincerely,
Dino

:roll: What is a "TROLL". I am new here.

Although I think this is a troll, I'm going to post a normal reply.

Dino, Leave Euthanasia to the professionals. What if your dog has an allergic reaction? What if your dog goes into seizures? What if you accidentally make things worse rather than ease the dog of suffering?

I'm sorry you are going through this trying time, but it is important that you leave medical procedures to the professionals. Ask about payment arrangements and have your dog properly taken care of. That can be your ultimate sacrifice for your dog. Your last gift of KINDNESS to your beloved pet.
dinowc
Dog Loving Active Member

Next

Return to Dog Euthanasia - Putting a friend to Sleep. Pet Loss Support.