Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4584: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
My Dog is a picky eater : Dog Nutrition & Feeding
Save-a-Dog Facebook application: a cause app to help shelter dogs and rescue puppies

My Dog is a picky eater

Feed you dog correctly and it will grow and live will. You get out what you put in. Share some dog dieting tips here.

My Dog is a picky eater

Postby Berns5r » Sun May 14, 2006 9:18 pm

My two Shih Tzu puppies are very picky eaters. When I feed them in the morning they hardly even touch it. For their evening feeding at 7 they don't touch that and then at about 9:15 they start to eat the food and that is around bed time? what should I do?
Berns5r

Postby Luba Puppy » Sun May 14, 2006 10:52 pm

My Poodle does a similar thing. I made sure the maide stoppped giving him human goodies and it helped. I don't think there's much else you can do. They eat when they are hungry :) After a day without any of they special treats... they'll eat what they are supposed to.

Have check out our feeding a dog section?
Last edited by Luba Puppy on Mon May 15, 2006 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luba Puppy
Site Admin

Postby suebgone » Mon May 15, 2006 3:23 am

How old are the puppies? How much are they getting in the way of treats & table food? Are there housebreaking problems? Is that why you are asking? Can you see/feel ribs, back bone or hipbones? If not then they are getting adaquate food.

What kind of food are you feeding? Perhaps a change is in order. Many would tell you to give them 15 minutes to eat & then remove the food. I never subscribed to that theory. Are they being fed seperately? If not try that.
suebgone
Senior Award Contributor *****
Senior Award Contributor  *****

dog picky...

Postby smo » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:02 am

If you are giving them too many people treats this could be the problem. OR maybe they don't like that kind of food - you should try another or try mixing their food with warm water - if they are still a puppie - Put your finger in their food while they are watching you and mix it around and try putting your finger to their month - they should get the hang of it.

My dog is very picky. She only eats her food at night - to be exact its around 2:30 - 3am every night - not durning the day - even though the food is left out at all times... She will not eat eggs and any kind, the only thing she like to eat is meat - steak, chicken etc, but will not EAT hotdog weiners. She also like tuna, but she won't eat shrimp. She also likes yogurt and ice cream, ( I make her homemade popcicles)---vanilla yogurt, tsp of peanut butter, honey, and apple juice...and freeze --- and hates vegatables and too much peanut butter..

My other dog will literally eat whatever you put in front of him. Even vegatables... His food is alot left out all the time and he eats when ever he is hungry.
smo
Senior Dog Loving Member **
Senior Dog Loving Member **

Return to Dog Nutrition & Feeding