Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4584: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
Dog in First heat cycle and enlarged nipples : Dog Reproduction - Breeding and Pregnancy
Save-a-Dog Facebook application: a cause app to help shelter dogs and rescue puppies

Dog in First heat cycle and enlarged nipples

Your dog is in heat or was with another dog... Reproduction is natural but we often need or want to control it. Let's discuss dog breeding here.

Dog in First heat cycle and enlarged nipples

Postby remy » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:05 am

I have a chocolate lab that is 1 1/2 years old. She is nearing the end of her first heat cycle. She is actually in her 3rd week. She runs free on 5 acres but I noticed her bleeding and her genitalia budding and immediately kenneled her. She couldn't have been more than a day or two into her heat cycle because I check her almost daily because she is our first female dog and I didn't want any unplanned puppy suprises. I noticed today that her teats or nipples are large and more pronounced. Her genitial area is still quite swollen as well.
I have read everything I can about heat cylces and can not find any information on nipples other than dealing with pregnancy.
Is it normal for the nipples or teats of dogs to become enlarged during a heat cycle or am I more than likely going to be having puppy suprises soon?
Would her teats already be swelling if she were pregnant? She is still in her cycle so she would only be pregnant about 2 weeks because she is in the third week of her heat cycle.
Thanks for any info!
remy

Postby Luba Puppy » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:15 am

Hi, in the meantime have you had a read at:
Female Dog Heat Cycle
Understand a Female Dog Heat Cycle to manage the reproduction of your pet bitch. Detect the Sign of Pregnancy in Dogs.
www.k9puppydogs.com/dog-discussion-forum/html/female_dog_heat_cycle.htm

Problems with Problems with female dog in heat
Treat Problems with female dog in heat before they get out of proportions.
www.k9puppydogs.com/dog-discussion-forum/html/problems_with_female_dogs.htm

Dog Mating & Breeding and Heat Information
The owner's control of the female dog's heat and reproduction is essential of the dog's hygiene. Different products exist as pills that have a hormone for ...
www.k9puppydogs.com/dog-discussion-forum/html/dog_mating.htm

How can I foresee my female dog’s next heat?
How can I foresee my female dog’s next heat? Do male dogs have an inactive period of sexual activity like females? You can actively participate in your ...
www.k9puppydogs.com/dog-discussion-forum/html/how_can_i_foresee_my_female_do.htm

Dog Birth Control Pill to avoid female dog in heat can mate ...
I’m worried that my female dog in heat can mate accidentally. Use a dog birth control pill. Many times overlooked by dog owners, however one way or another ...
www.k9puppydogs.com/dog-discussion-forum/html/i_m_worried_that_my_female_dog.htm

Aggression by Female Dog In Heat
Female dog aggression usually happens while in heat or when the dog has recently had puppies and here we deal with this problem and tell you what to do.
www.k9puppydogs.com/dog-discussion-forum/html/aggression_by_female_dog_in_he.htm

Female Dogs in Heat & Reproduction
Female Dogs in Heat & Reproduction. Learn how to detect if your dog needs breeding.
www.k9puppydogs.com/dog-discussion-forum/html/the_female.htm

Female Dog in Heat
A dog has diseases and illnesses like any humans. Learn how to arrive to a diagnosis as to what health problem your dogs suffers and solv the issue ...
www.k9puppydogs.com/dog-discussion-forum/html/female_dog_in_heat.htm

Dogs in heat
When a male dog smells the odor of a female dog in heat, it gets excited. ... In Spring time when most of the female dogs are in heat, whether they be far ...
www.k9puppydogs.com/dog-discussion-forum/html/dogs_in_heat.htm
Luba Puppy
Site Admin

Postby celia » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:31 pm

i have the same problem. my dog is in heat and has enlarged nipples. it scares me because my other female when she was impregnated had enlarged nipples. have you found out any info about it? are enlarged nipples a symptom of heat?
celia

are enlarged nipples a sign of heat?

Postby Celia » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:32 pm

<a href="mailto:corecrashing@aim.com">corecrashing@aim.com</a>&nbsp; tell me if you have an answer. i'm kind of desperate to know
Celia

Postby jayh » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:38 am

celia wrote:i have the same problem. my dog is in heat and has enlarged nipples. it scares me because my other female when she was impregnated had enlarged nipples. have you found out any info about it? are enlarged nipples a symptom of heat?

Hope this helps :)
Female dogs (correctly called bitches) have 3, 4 or 5 pairs of breasts (mammary glands ) placed in two rows running up the sides of their abdomen from the groin to the chest for nursing puppies.
The number varies and one side can have one or two more than the other side.
The nipples on a female who has not yet had her first heat are quite small, but they swell with the first heat and never return to 'puppy size'.
If the bitch has been bred and is pregnant, then about 35 days after the mating the nipples will turn a deep pink colour and will begin to enlarge.
The mammary glands produce the milk to feed the puppies and amazingly enough they manage to manufacture the right supply to meet the demand.
Bitches who are extremely maternal have been known to produce milk for a starving pup or another animal baby even though they are not pregnant or nursing their own litter.
The mammary glands are prone to cancerous tumors because of the estrogen produced.
Once the bitch has been "spayed", (fixed or altered) the source of the estrogen has been removed and the chance of breast cancer developing is greatly reduced.
jayh

Postby bearlasmommy » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:10 am

jayh wrote:
celia wrote:i have the same problem. my dog is in heat and has enlarged nipples. it scares me because my other female when she was impregnated had enlarged nipples. have you found out any info about it? are enlarged nipples a symptom of heat?

Hope this helps :)
Female dogs (correctly called bitches) have 3, 4 or 5 pairs of breasts (mammary glands ) placed in two rows running up the sides of their abdomen from the groin to the chest for nursing puppies.
The number varies and one side can have one or two more than the other side.
The nipples on a female who has not yet had her first heat are quite small, but they swell with the first heat and never return to 'puppy size'.
If the bitch has been bred and is pregnant, then about 35 days after the mating the nipples will turn a deep pink colour and will begin to enlarge.
The mammary glands produce the milk to feed the puppies and amazingly enough they manage to manufacture the right supply to meet the demand.
Bitches who are extremely maternal have been known to produce milk for a starving pup or another animal baby even though they are not pregnant or nursing their own litter.
The mammary glands are prone to cancerous tumors because of the estrogen produced.
Once the bitch has been "spayed", (fixed or altered) the source of the estrogen has been removed and the chance of breast cancer developing is greatly reduced.

FEMALES WHO ARE NEWLY SPAYED ALSO PRODUCE MILK AT TIMES.
IN ANSWER TO ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS CONCERNING HEATS FOLLOW THE LINKS SUPPLIED BY LUBALOVE. YOU CANT GO WRONG AND THE SITES WILL ANSWER ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS.

DO YOUR ANIMALS A GREAT FAVOR SPAY THEM :o
bearlasmommy

Return to Dog Reproduction - Breeding and Pregnancy