Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4584: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
female dog humping leg : Dog Reproduction - Breeding and Pregnancy
Save-a-Dog Facebook application: a cause app to help shelter dogs and rescue puppies

female dog humping leg

Your dog is in heat or was with another dog... Reproduction is natural but we often need or want to control it. Let's discuss dog breeding here.

female dog humping leg

Postby mahealanimeiling » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:41 pm

i have a 16 month old puppy. She isn't neutered. She started humping my leg. Is this normal for a female dog? Also, we tried breeding her and we're not sure if she got pregnant. If she is pregnant is humping a sign of labor too? Please let me know asap. We don't have a vet in my area.
mahealanimeiling

dog

Postby suebgone » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:30 am

Humping is a sign of dominence. You have a female alpha dog. No dog should be bred before they are 2 years old. Reason being you can't get the necessary health tests done until then, because most dogs aren't finished growing themselves until then.

What will you do if she gets in trouble & needs a C-section with no vet around? Why would you breed any dog when millions are being killed in shelters yearly? Obviously you know nothing about breeding so I'm guessing you know nothing about pedigrees etc. & what makes a reputable & responsible breeder. What a pity
suebgone
Senior Award Contributor *****
Senior Award Contributor  *****

Postby mahealanimeiling » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:12 am

First of all, i've done all the research i could get. Nothing tells me of breeding a dog after 2 years of age. Second of all, I bought my dog from a breeder here who's done it for awhile. She has said nothing about this but I will keep it in mind until then. With so much information on the internet....who in the world has the right answer? Some say to do things differently than someone else. Well, I do my best for my dog as far as I know, so I don't need any pity!
mahealanimeiling

HE'S RIGHT

Postby cambride » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:09 pm

Hey , how are you? Unfortunately this guy is right about the breeding. no dog should be breed before two years of age, She is still growing, Your poor little baby hasen't even had a period. Dogs are not that much different then humans in that department,... It is dangerous and can cause death to both humans and dogs if they are to become inpregnated to soon. There is no way for the body to go through that . They are still growing. You should really think about moving somewhere where you can have a VET near by... Where do you take your pet to get her yearly shots and rabbies. Theses things are vital and should never be over looked. You asked for the help Now do something with it , It really isn't about you but your dog. Do whats best or give the dog to someone who can give her the PROPER care.
cambride

Return to Dog Reproduction - Breeding and Pregnancy