Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4584: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
Is my dog starting labour??? : Dog Reproduction - Breeding and Pregnancy
Save-a-Dog Facebook application: a cause app to help shelter dogs and rescue puppies

Is my dog starting labour???

Your dog is in heat or was with another dog... Reproduction is natural but we often need or want to control it. Let's discuss dog breeding here.

Is my dog starting labour???

Postby guest » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:09 pm

My dog is pregnant and this is her 8th/9th week of pregnancy. She is not eating her food and is very restless. She keeps going outside and sniffing and running round and then she comes back inside and lays in her basket but she doesn't go to sleep- she figdets and whines and rips her bedding up. When my other dog comes near her or walks past her she growls/snaps at him and won't let him come near. I have also noticed that her nipples and vagina are much bigger and swollen. Overall she is basically being: restless, aggressive, refusing food and her nipples and vagina are bigger/swollen. Is she starting labour soon? Or are these signs that the labour is a few days away?

Postby kimc » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:14 pm

sounds like you'll be having babies soon. Has she seen a vet? normal gestation is 54 - 68 days with 63 days being the norm. also depends on liter size. she by what she is doing is nesting (ripping her bedding up) and overall agitation. What is her temperature? if you have been monitoring her temp for the last couple of days and it has dropped and stayed down puppies will be here within 12-24 hours. Good Luck, I hope you are going to have her spayed after this litter.
kimc
Senior Award Contributor *****
Senior Award Contributor  *****

Postby guest » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:21 pm

No- she hasn't actually seen a vet but yes, her temperature has definetly dropped. I'm slightly worried because tomorrow I'm visiting my mum and my dad will be working until around lunch time- what if the puppies arrive and we're not in???

Postby guest » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:27 pm

how can you tell (without having an x-ray) how many puppies your dog will have? what is the average litter for a JRT's first litter?

Postby kimc » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:27 pm

lack of a better thing to say..... dogs have puppies all the time without human prevention. does she have a place to whelp her pups without the other dog bothering her? maybe she'll have them before you have to leave. make sure she has plenty of water with her and she is isolated from all other animals. Her whelping area (not that she'll use it if she has found another area) should be layered with newspapers and such. very messy job here. Visit www.k9puppydogs.com/dog-discussion-forum and what to expect during the final stages of pregnancy. good reading
kimc

Postby guest » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:55 pm

Thanks for all your help and i will let you know when the pups have arrived! :D

Postby suebgone » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:33 pm

kimc, as usual I couldn't find anything even remotely related to whelping puppies on the link you provided. Sorry, no offense but that is usually the case with the fido links. I think you meant "human intervention" not prevention. lol.

Here is actual info for the OP on whelping & how to care for the puppies.

http://www.woodhavenlabs.com/whelping.html
suebgone

Postby kimc » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:53 pm

http://www.k9puppydogs.com/dog-discussion-forum/dog-breeding your site is great, but I knew I had seen something on the fido site. maybe this link will help. I guess I had a super long weekend and when I said human prevention yeah I meant human intervention. Human prevention would have been before the pregnancy if you know what I mean. :lol: Suebgone, did I read somewhere that you are taking care of rescue dogs. I really appreciate your comments and expertise. you don't mess around but tell it like it is. you don't see that very often.
kimc

Postby suebgone » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:14 pm

Thank you, some don't appreciate it, but I was never a froo froo type person. I am very concerned about the pet & if the persons toes get stepped on in the process - so be it. I will admit I don't have much patience with people in certain situations (stupidity) :roll: but I try to always think about the lurkers that may learn something as well.

As for rescue, I retired from 15 years of ACO/sheltering law enforcement. In 1997 I founded a shelter because I didn't like the writing on the wall that I saw at the SPCA. Mine is still going strong having contracts with most of the municipalities in the county to take their homeless pets.
suebgone

Postby kimc » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:27 pm

Got to admire you for that. takes a very special person to take on that responsibility. I am afraid if I was to go that route, I'd be divorced, or worse yet, I'd become to attached to all the animals and would do anything to keep them with me. but in some small ways I do what I can for animals. (I have 4 dogs, 1 cat and 3 snakes... what can I say?) I also walk dogs for the elderly and take care of animals while the owners are on vacation here in my neighborhood and my own folks. That is what I am doing right now with my parents dog. Family emergency forced them to travel to Atlanta with no time to get him to the vets office for boarding. So instead of 3 dogs sleeping with me I have 4 (makes for a very long nite)
kimc

pregnency

Postby 666tricky » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:30 am

is my dog near pregnency ?she is very restless and she has vaginal discharge and is a big as a house and also she keeps digging up dirt and panting. How long until she has her pups.[/quote]
666tricky

Postby suebgone » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:58 pm

Your dog NEEDS to see a vet. Should have been there as soon as you even suspected she was pregnant. She could be in trouble & need a C-section. We certainly can't diagnose that over the internet.

You posted on AUG 20th that her temp had dropped. That was WEEKS ago. GET HER TO A VET!!!

Obviously you have no idea when she was bred, she is not pregnant OR you are a troll
suebgone

Postby dogzone » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:32 pm

Are both of those posts the orignal and the latest from the same person?

I thought it was to seperate people.

If it is the same...it is a troll...no other explaination.
dogzone
Senior Dog Loving Member **

Postby suebgone » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:29 pm

dogzone wrote:Are both of those posts the orignal and the latest from the same person?

Geesh! you are right! :oops: God I wish people would start their own threads

Well then, tricky when is your dog due? What were her breeding dates. What does the vet say. I am going to assume that you meant to write is my dog near giving birth.
suebgone

Postby dogzone » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:46 pm

suebgone wrote:
dogzone wrote:Are both of those posts the orignal and the latest from the same person?

Geesh! you are right! :oops: God I wish people would start their own threads

Well then, tricky when is your dog due? What were her breeding dates. What does the vet say. I am going to assume that you meant to write is my dog near giving birth.

It sure makes hard when people just add onto others threads doesn't it?
dogzone

Next

Return to Dog Reproduction - Breeding and Pregnancy