Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4584: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
dog ate hambone and has blood and bone in stool : Dog Vomiting & Diarrhea
Save-a-Dog Facebook application: a cause app to help shelter dogs and rescue puppies

dog ate hambone and has blood and bone in stool

Driven by diet or illnesses, dog can react by vomiting or diarrhea. What is happening to your dog? Let's help each other!

dog ate hambone and has blood and bone in stool

Postby naducci » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:53 am

My dog ate a cooked hambone yesterday and today I noticed pieces of bone and blood in his stool. Other than that, he seems fine. What should I do?
naducci

Postby Luba Puppy » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:42 am

be on alert for any drastic change. keep monitoring her stool. be ready to see the vet.
Last edited by Luba Puppy on Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luba Puppy
Site Admin

dog

Postby suebgone » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:11 am

Are you familiar with bloat? Have you called your vet? Seeing blood in the stool is never good altho it could have scratched on the way out.
You have to be concerned about where the rest of the bone is. Since you are seeing fragments, others could have punctured the intestine, stomach or esophagus & could cause internal bleeding. Good luck
Last edited by suebgone on Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
suebgone
Senior Award Contributor *****
Senior Award Contributor  *****

hambone

Postby lilvero » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:08 am

Last night, we gave our dog a fully cooked and cleaned hambone...left over from Easter, meat cut off for sandwiches and cooked down in bean soup...she consumed it in the yard and we did not watch her...all evidence of the bone is gone and we're very worried that she ate the whole thing. She has diarrhea today...how is your dog doing? (We hope WELL!) Please reply asap as we found no other sites with up tp date information.
lilvero

Postby Luba Puppy » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:21 am

Stay aware. It depends on how big a breed is your dog and how fat it ate the bone. Watch stool.
Diahrea is to be expected.
Luba Puppy
Site Admin

Postby mooner » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:07 pm

I was wondering how your dogs are doing. Mine at a cooked pork bone last Tuesday, looked like she was in pain when pooping, and had some bone chunks and blood in her stool the day after. She had diarrhea, but seemed till progressively get a little better each day so I haven't taken her to the vet. Yesterday, we played perhaps too hard (the hardest I've seen her run and it was really hot), and she woke me up in the middle of the night to go out for more serious diahrerhea. I didn't see any signs of blood, but was concerned if this is still related to the bone, and whether or not it is time to get her in the vet. If anyone has any other experiences like this please let us know how things turned out. The fear of knowing I might have killed my border collie with a bone is scary to me.
mooner
NewBorn Puppy Member

dog eating bone

Postby naducci » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:19 pm

Hi Mooner,
Haven't checked out this site in a while. Sorry it took so long to reply. Thanks to everyone that replied to me. My dog that ate the hambone after Easter was fine after a day or so. He (also a border collie) passed about 2 stools with blood and bone chips in it and the next day had regular stool movements and was back to his playful self. Hope your dog is doing well now!
naducci

Return to Dog Vomiting & Diarrhea