Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4584: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
Vomiting - yellow & frothy : Dog Vomiting & Diarrhea
Save-a-Dog Facebook application: a cause app to help shelter dogs and rescue puppies

Vomiting - yellow & frothy

Driven by diet or illnesses, dog can react by vomiting or diarrhea. What is happening to your dog? Let's help each other!

Vomiting - yellow & frothy

Postby pajeva » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:03 pm

We adopted a Chow-Shepherd mix last year - she's now 2 yrs old. We have her on Nutro food only, no table scraps. She has been throwing up a few times a month. Vet said she may have sensitive stomach, but I am concerned because sometimes she throws up a few times a day, sometimes not for over a week or longer. Vet gave deworming pills. It is usually yellow with a light froth on top & usually happens in the morning. She is going back to the Vet soon & I will express my concern about this again. I am worried abut her & that's it's not something more. Any suggestions?
pajeva

Postby kimc » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:33 pm

Not that I am an expert on this matter, but usually when you see bile (yellow stuff) it is an indication she has an empty stomach. You might (and I repeat I am not an expert in this area) try giving her a late night snack to help her thru the night. Carrots, apple slices are great snacks.
kimc
Senior Award Contributor *****
Senior Award Contributor  *****

Postby lisascha » Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:29 pm

My GSD will do the same thing if she is fed too late in the morning...it is a sign of hunger! Like yours, this generally only happens in the morning, and the vomit is frothy and yellow. But mine is guaranteed to get sick if she is not fed before ten-ish...

How often do you feed her? Kimc"s suggestion is a good one; a late night snack will give you a little more leeway in the morning.
lisascha
Senior Contributor ***
Senior Contributor ***

Vomiting

Postby pajeva » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:13 pm

I feed her a cup of dry food in the morning, which somethimes she eats, sometimes she doesn't, and if she doesn't, she'll eat it at dinner time when I give her another cup and mix it with her canned food. She does get a bisquit, for sensative stomachs, in the morning before I leave for work, and that she eats. I am going to take a sample of her vomit to the Vet with me in 2 weeks. Thanks for your comments. I appreciate all the help I can get. Keep them coming.
pajeva

Postby suebgone » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:13 am

Apparantly she does not like her food if she only eats it when you mix the canned with it. Are you saying she is only eating one meal a day? Then that is defiantely the problem. She is going too long between meals.

You say you add another cup of dry food to what she didn't eat in the am & then add canned food. That is a problem because apparantly she is getting twice the food on some days that she is on others.

another reason they often throw up is if they eat to fast, which could be happening if she is really hungry.

What kind of food are you feeding her?
suebgone

dogs being sick

Postby chaz andrew » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:03 pm

hi my gsd did the same for years being sick bile it was a yellow froffy sick somtimes it was just foam,my vet also said it was because of a senstive stomach,
i now feed him 6.45 in the morning
and about 3.00 in the afternoon
both meals are 250g about 180 of dry food and fresh chicken of about 70g and he hasnt had the problem for a very long time
and thinking about it he was mostly sick in the morning
sometimes he use to eat grass to make himself sick
but since ive been feeding him dry/chicken he has no problems with either
hes now 9 and the only problems i have with him is his stomach makes noizes of like hunger pains maybe every 6 months ,and once a year he faints and be's sick which im trying to find somemore info out about that.
chaz andrew
Dog Loving Active Member

vomiting

Postby pajeva » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:15 am

We just came home from the Vets office. She said she has a sensative stomach and acid-relux, that's why she's throwing up the yellow froth. She suggested we give her one Pepcid AC tablet in the morning and that should take care of this problem. We feed her 6:30 AM and then again at 4:30 PM, one cup of Nutro dry food at each feeding, mixed with a little canned Nutro food.
Do you boil the chicken you feed her? What kind of dry food do you use? Her trainer suggested we use Nutro because that's supposed to be a premium food.
I hope you find the cause of the fainting soon.
pajeva

Postby 99Balloons » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:17 am

<font size="3" face="Tahoma" color="#99cc00"><strong>Information on <font size="4">vomiting</font>:</strong></font><br />
<a href="http://www.k9puppydogs.com/dog-discussion-forum/html/why_do_dogs_vomit_.htm"><br />
http://www.k9puppydogs.com/dog-discussion-forum/html/why_do_dogs_vomit_.htm</a><br />
<a href="http://www.k9puppydogs.com/dog-discussion-forum/online-dog-vet/html/dog_vomiting.htm">http://www.k9puppydogs.com/dog-discussion-forum/online-dog-vet/html/dog_vomiting.htm</a><br />
<a href="http://www.k9puppydogs.com/dog-discussion-forum/html/dog_vomiting_questions_and_ans.htm">http://www.k9puppydogs.com/dog-discussion-forum/html/dog_vomiting_questions_and_ans.htm</a>
99Balloons
Health Dog Training Questionner

BEING SICK YELLOW BILE

Postby chaz andrew » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:43 am

HI,I FEED HIM CHICKEN WHICH I JUST COOK IN OVEN AND WHEN COOLED DOWN PUT IN FRIDGE AND TAKE IT OUT EVERYTIME I USE IT AND PUT IT IN THE MICOWAVE TO WARM TAKE CHILL OFF AND MIX IN WITH IS DRY FOOD[CHICKEN AND RICE PEDIGREE]WITH A LITTLE WATER MIXED IN ,I USE TO GET THE RICE AND VEG BUT THOUGHT IT WAS THE VEG IN THE DRY FOOD?

IT WAS THAT OR IT WAS THE DRY ON ITS OWN BECAUSE SINCE IVE STUCK TO THIS DIET FRESH CHICKEN AND THE CHICKEN RICE DRY HES BEEN FINE,FOR THE START OF HIS LIFE IT WAS A NIGHTMARE TRYING TO FIND THE RIGHT FOOD I TRYED MANY THINGS BUT SINCE IVE STUCK TO THIS HE HASNT BEEN SICK BILE ,WEATHER THATS TO DO WITH IT BUT IT WORKED FOR HIM

WHEN HE WAS EXCITED AND RUNNING AROUND ALOT HE USE TO BE SICK BILE ,OR TRY AND EAT GRASS TO MAKE HIM SELF SICK
WHERE HE WOULD KEEP ON STRETCHING AND STRETCHING TRYING TO BRING IT UP

LIKE HIM HE HAS A SENSTIVE TUMMY IF HE SEES A CAT OR RUNS FAST ITS LIKE HIS STOMACH PULLS INSIDE HES SICK BILE ABOUT AFTER 10 MIN BUT THAT HASNT HAPPENED FOR A LONG TIME

HOPE YOU CAN SORT IT OUT?

FOR MANY YEARS I JUST COULDNT UNDERSTAND WHY HE USE TO DO IT AND ITS UPSETTING SEEING HIM LIKE THAT HOPEFULLY YOU CAN SORT IT ,IT WENT ON FOR A LONG TIME WITH ME AND I JUST HAD TO PUT UP WITH IT AS THATS HOW HE WAS,AND THE VET REALLY WASNT GIVING ME THE INFO I WANTED TO HEAR,BUT STILL I USE TO THINK WAS IT THE FOOD,WATER,BISCUITS OR WHAT COULD IT BE?
LET ME KNOW HOW YOU GET ON
chaz andrew
Dog Loving Active Member

worried about my pup

Postby pepelepe » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:49 am

I have a 4month old doxie who for the past month or so will sporadically 'dry heave' in the middle of the night (meaning it sounds like he's going to throw up, but nothing comes up). About 10 days ago we started introducing new food (Innova) and phasing out the old (Euakanuba) which he really seems to enjoy. Then a couple of days ago we got the dry heave again but with some frothy stuff that came up. Last night he had the same stuff coming up 3 times throughout the night. One of the times he did it last night bits of a natural rawhide chew he was working on earlier came up in the frothy vomit.
The thing is that other than this he is happy go-lucky puppy with energy and not showing any other symptoms. Today he's only done it once and I've noticed that his appetite isn't what it usually is.
If we have another night like last night I'm going to the vet tomorrow.
Any ideas? could it be gastritis? if so, what are remedies?
pepelepe
Dog Loving Active Member

Postby meezermom » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:54 am

As you are getting bits of rawhide, I strongly suggest you stop feeding them altogether. They can be quite dangerous to a dog. If he insists on something to chew, use a sterilized bone stuffed with peanut butter or a Kong that is stuffed... but rawhide in itself can be dangerous....
meezermom

rawhide?

Postby pepelepe » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:21 am

we've been giving him "beefeaters natural cuisine" natural rawhide chew sticks. haven't given him any since last night and won't until we see some changes.
pepelepe
Dog Loving Active Member

Postby meezermom » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:47 am

Many dogs, once they get rawhide down to a small enough piece, will simply swallow it.. That is where the problems come in.... It can become a problem by getting stuck. If you are using the stick type, it should pass soon so keep an eye out and then see if you can come up with a better chew option... Right now my youngest is chewing her sterilized bone like crazy. She always liked them. The other two are not crazy about them. Some dogs love Nylabones and others like something else... it takes time to find the right thing. Hopefully this will pass soon.........
meezermom

Postby pepelepe » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:29 pm

thanks. what exactly is the sterilized bone you're talking about (not animal bone is it?) we've taken away the hide sticks given him his kong to chew on which he loves...but since his stomach is funny we're going to wait before giving him any treats and just filled the kong with some of his kibble which he ate right up.
last night he only woke up once to 'heave' which he did about 4 or 5 times in a row with a bunch of the mucusy foamy stuff coming up then he went right back to sleep after i cleaned it up. we're following the advice of more frequent smaller meals of his dry kibble and today he's doing great. will wait and see if this continues to have a positive impact over the weekend before going to vet.
thanks again
pepelepe
Dog Loving Active Member

Postby suebgone » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:24 pm

pep, just an FYI - you will likely get more responses if you start your own topic instead of tacking onto a very old one.
suebgone

Next

Return to Dog Vomiting & Diarrhea