Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4584: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
should male dogs be allowed around female dog giving birth : General Dog Behavior & Training Problems
Save-a-Dog Facebook application: a cause app to help shelter dogs and rescue puppies

should male dogs be allowed around female dog giving birth

Boys will be boys & Dogs will be dogs! Ask anything you can think of here. We'll classify it later.

should male dogs be allowed around female dog giving birth

Postby Yvonne Parker » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:30 pm

can someone help me I need to know should I separate my male from my female dog when giving birth
Yvonne Parker
NewBorn Puppy Member

Postby belbaby14 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:52 pm

I think you should
belbaby14
Senior Dog Loving Member **
Senior Dog Loving Member **

Postby kimc » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:13 pm

yes by all means. Actually you should have an area seperate for her and the newborns already established. A new mother doesn't need to be worried that people, animals, etc are going to be bothering her and her babies. Have you a whelping box ready for her and all the supplies needed for assisting should she need it? how many puppies are expected? What is her vet saying?
kimc
Senior Award Contributor *****
Senior Award Contributor  *****

Postby suebgone » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:40 am

Yes, keep him completely away from her & the puppies - for the whole 12 weeks matter of fact.

Take him right away & get him neutered & her spayed as soon as the vet will do it. The planet does not need any more puppies or BYB's.

Leave the breeding to the professionals. When you don't know even the very basics of breeding or caring for the dogs, you really shouldn't be doing it.
suebgone
Senior Award Contributor *****
Senior Award Contributor  *****

Postby Breeder » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:59 pm

When I started breeding I was about 20 years old. When I had my first batch I had no clue what I was doing. She had 4 puppies, all of which were healthy and happy.
There are tons of books to get started, I'd reccomend reading one of them.
I've been a breeder now for 25 years, and have gotten a lot better at it.
It's very rewarding, but make sure you keep up on your research. Good luck with the little guys, they're always great.
Breeder

Return to General Dog Behavior & Training Problems