Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4584: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
Dog's eating anus HELP!!!!!! : General Dog Health Problems -Questions and Answers
Save-a-Dog Facebook application: a cause app to help shelter dogs and rescue puppies

Dog's eating anus HELP!!!!!!

Dogs like humans may have health problems to which you have questions. You are the one that has to identify the issues, symptoms and get solutions. Share your views here.

Dog's eating anus HELP!!!!!!

Postby Jerseygirl » Fri May 19, 2006 4:14 pm

My 4 year old female chocolate lab is licking and biting her anus to the point she has no hair around it and now I noticed that her gential area is swollen and she is licking and biting there. I have also noticed that her mouth is getting the same way and she scratches until she is bleeding. I have taken her to two different vets SEVERAL times now and they have given her several different creams and told me to give her allergie pills which I have been faithfully. This isn't helping and I am getting upset because it is expensive to take her and for the medication and nothing is helping. She has had this problem for about two years now and nothing is helping. PLEASE HELP!!!!! We have changed her dog food to an hoistic blend and she has been on it now for over a year in a half and it isn't helping either!!!!
Jerseygirl

Postby Luba Puppy » Sat May 20, 2006 11:16 pm

Here are some articles and discussions related to your problem i think:

Dog Anal Gland -The Sacs or Sack
What are the dog anal glands? The veterinarian says my dog has obstructed anal sacks and they must be vacated. If you want to know how to properly take care ...
www.k9puppydogs.com/dog-discussion-forum/html/what_are_the_anal_glands_.htm

Cleaning Anal Glands of a Dog: Dog Grooming anal gland
Basic Dog Grooming Techniques lets you learn how to groom your dog. See why different dogs will require similar tools & equipment, supplies and methods.
www.k9puppydogs.com/dog-discussion-forum/html/cleaning_anal_glands_of_a_dog_.htm

Dog Training & Health :: dog anal glands
dog anal glands-I have a english springer spaniel dog and she has a anal gland problem. we just got them.
www.k9puppydogs.com/dog-discussion-forum/vi ... .php?t=650

Dog and Anal Gland Problem -Dog Anus Swollen Licking Anus Sack
What are Dog and Anal Gland Problems like? How does a Dog Anus get Swollen and stop a puppy dog from Licking its Anus. Useful information about a puppy’s ...
www.k9puppydogs.com/dog-discussion-forum/html/dog_anus_swollen_licking_anus.htm

Dog Itching and Scratching
If the dog has a history of ANAL GLAND problems, ie blockages then this would ... Some dogs get infections and abscess from anal glands and in chronic cases ...
www.k9puppydogs.com/dog-discussion-forum/html/dog_itching_and_scratching.htm

Dog Training & Health :: dog with ruptured anal sack
hello sd, i have a 8 yr old german shepard who had a ruptered anal gland with heavy bleeding, surgery was done is on cephelexin cyclosporine ketoconazole ...
www.k9puppydogs.com/dog-discussion-forum/vi ... .php?t=318
Luba Puppy
Site Admin

Postby suebgone » Sat May 20, 2006 11:30 pm

Are you sure she is free of fleas? Did the vet do a scraping for mange? (altho I'm sure it would be much worse after all that time) Did they check her anal glands?

Allergies to - carpet cleaner? Lawn chemicals?
suebgone
Senior Award Contributor *****
Senior Award Contributor  *****

Postby Jerseygirl » Tue May 23, 2006 2:43 pm

Our vet has taken scrapings around her anus. I am taking her back to the vet and I will have them check for mange forsure. We have a fle and tick collar on her and she has had this problem even in the winter and no carpets are in our house. I am hoping with yet another vet visit and with advice from here they will be able to find out her problem and help her.
Jerseygirl

Return to General Dog Health Problems -Questions and Answers