Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4584: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
my dog can't urinate/constantly trying! : General Dog Health Problems -Questions and Answers
Save-a-Dog Facebook application: a cause app to help shelter dogs and rescue puppies

my dog can't urinate/constantly trying!

Dogs like humans may have health problems to which you have questions. You are the one that has to identify the issues, symptoms and get solutions. Share your views here.

Postby joplin » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:12 am

Hi everyone, my dog has been constantly trying to urinate and only drips are coming out... has been like this for almost 2 days... she is drinking and eating normally, but is CONSTANTLY in the pee position just dripping... what should I do?? Im very worried!
joplin
Dog Loving Active Member

Postby PhoenixRottweilers » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:35 am

Let me think REALLY HARD on this one for a moment.

Did it ever occur to you to take this dog to a VET?!
PhoenixRottweilers
Senior Dog Loving Member **

Postby suebgone » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:32 am

GET the dog to the VET! NOW! She has a UTI & could be blocked. She could die from your neglect.
suebgone
Senior Award Contributor *****
Senior Award Contributor  *****

to Phoenixrottweilers and Suebgone

Postby joplin » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:57 pm

Hey there, thanks for your SARCASM! It really helps in a time like this. Have you ever thought that mabie I was looking to talk to someone who has been in this situation before?
I have been BURNED by vets in the past and have trouble trusting them. And I did take her to the vet's.... they told me I need emergency surgery immediately for $1500. I got a second opinion, brought the xray to a farm vet friend of the family, who told me all my dog needed was to have her bladder drained and go on a salty diet to keep her fluids up.
I then proceded to tell the vet this info I recieved from my farm vet friend, who quickly told me mabie she didnt need surgery after all. HMMMMM.
Have fun giving your opinions to people looking for real help, and think twice before you post sarcasm-dripped responses, cause you dont know what you are talking about.
And Sue: if you ever tell me again that I am neglectful to my dog that i care more about than anything in the world you had better run and hide.
joplin
Dog Loving Active Member

Postby joplin » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:00 pm

Oh and thanks for your diagnosis of a UTI Sue, NOT EVEN CLOSE.
joplin
Dog Loving Active Member

Re: to Phoenixrottweilers and Suebgone

Postby PhoenixRottweilers » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:24 pm

joplin wrote:And Sue: if you ever tell me again that I am neglectful to my dog that i care more about than anything in the world you had better run and hide.

"It is wrong and illegal to threaten, intimidate, or harass other people regardless of whether those threats are delivered in person, on the phone, via the mail, or over the Internet. It can be especially harmful to deliver such threats in a public area such as a Web site, chat room, or bulletin board. If you or your child receive serious and frightening threats online, contact law enforcement. http://kids.getnetwise.org/safetyguide/danger/law
PhoenixRottweilers

Postby suebgone » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:55 am

this was obviously one of those "set up" posts so that the OP could attack anyone who posted the obvious replys to someone tostupid to take the dog to the vet! This OP has some real issues that have nothing to do with his dog.
suebgone

Postby fourdognite » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:33 am

Your dog likely has a urinary tract infection, and is extremely painful and uncomfortable right now. Her bladder will burst if this goes on much longer, releasing toxic output into her blood and organs, causing septic shock, and she will die. If you have cranberry juice in your house, please give your dog as much as you can in a syringe, and rush her to the doctor. I can't imagine how much pain this poor baby is in. I'm glad you are looking for help. Please, go now! And let us/ me know how she's doing. UTIs puppy, I know because I have had one myself.
fourdognite

Postby fourdognite » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:36 am

joplin wrote: I have been BURNED by vets in the past and have trouble trusting them. And I did take her to the vet's.... they told me I need emergency surgery immediately for $1500. I got a second opinion, brought the xray to a farm vet friend of the family, who told me all my dog needed was to have her bladder drained and go on a salty diet to keep her fluids up.
I then proceded to tell the vet this info I recieved from my farm vet friend, who quickly told me mabie she didnt need surgery after all.

I guess you are talking about a previous incident, or do you mean this time? Does your dog tend to have bladder issues?
fourdognite

Postby Mugsy » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:37 am

joplin wrote:Oh and thanks for your diagnosis of a UTI Sue, NOT EVEN CLOSE.

The diagnosis was wrong because apparently Sue's "Dog Psychic diagnosing powers" weren't working! :roll: I know its hard to believe that people can't diagnose your dog with these here magical boxes in front of us. I mean come on!

You asked "What should I do" and people told you- take your dog to the vet. Common sense would tell you to go to the vet, if you had any that is.....

you were wrong by not taking your dog to the vet immediately. Burned in the past or not, your dog is HELPLESS, it is at the mercy of you. Since you didn't go to vet school and become a vet after you were "burned" you must find another one and take proper care of your dog!
Mugsy

Postby HMZ » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:29 am

joplin wrote:Hey there, thanks for your SARCASM! It really helps in a time like this. Have you ever thought that mabie I was looking to talk to someone who has been in this situation before?
I have been BURNED by vets in the past and have trouble trusting them. And I did take her to the vet's.... they told me I need emergency surgery immediately for $1500. I got a second opinion, brought the xray to a farm vet friend of the family, who told me all my dog needed was to have her bladder drained and go on a salty diet to keep her fluids up.
I then proceded to tell the vet this info I recieved from my farm vet friend, who quickly told me mabie she didnt need surgery after all. HMMMMM.
Have fun giving your opinions to people looking for real help, and think twice before you post sarcasm-dripped responses, cause you dont know what you are talking about.
And Sue: if you ever tell me again that I am neglectful to my dog that i care more about than anything in the world you had better run and hide.

I think you need to see a different vet. It's weird that your dog "just needs to have her bladder drained." No kidding -- dogs drain their bladder every day! The problem is not that the bladder needs to be drained (DUH) it's that the dog isn't able to do it. Can the vet explain to you why the dog hasn't been able to pee? That is the underlying problem -- a UTI would likely cause that inability. Moreover, in the two days since the dog has been suffering, it is very likely that she has developed an infection and needs antibiotics. If that is not treated, and you give her salt and more water, you will be in the same position because the underlying issue won't have been cured.

Please explain how it is that you don't trust vets who can actually examine your dog (that you care about) but expect someone completely random to you to diagnose your dog over the internet. This is actually a mystery to me -- and I'm not being sarcastic.

It's ironic that you complain about the sarcasm and then not only are sarcastic yourself but threaten one of the most knowledgeable people on this forum.

BTW, if you were so concerned about your dog, I don't know why you wouldn't invest in a few phone calls to find a decent vet. How hard can it be?

Use some common sense and stop wasting everyone else's time and energy.
HMZ
Senior Contributor ***
Senior Contributor ***

Postby HMZ » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:13 am

suebgone wrote:this was obviously one of those "set up" posts so that the OP could attack anyone who posted the obvious replys to someone tostupid to take the dog to the vet! This OP has some real issues that have nothing to do with his dog.

Yes, the answer seemed too easy. If the question were in real space (as opposed to cyberspace), I would have been looking for the camera. The response to you and Phoenix was so over the top -- made me nostalgic for the dog that couldn't make it through lectures without sticking its tongue out.
HMZ
Senior Contributor ***
Senior Contributor ***

Postby jamnuski » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:57 am

joplin, did you ever find out what was wrong with your dog? My female Terra-Poo has been doing the same thing. NO uti according to doc, but is on antibiotics anyway. More importantly, my dog has chronic heart disease and her heart is so enlarged it is expanding her rib cage. I think the problem has something to do with edema around the heart. She is on a diuretic and vasodialator. She is 14 and definitely on borrowed time but don't let these other posters' ignorant replies get to you. I have never encountered such rude, uninformed persons in my life.

Good Luck. Hope everything worked out for you...
jamnuski

dog having trouble urinating

Postby dhankey » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:22 am

My 12 year old dog had been having trouble urinating for week or so. She would appear to be in the position, but in fact, little urine would come out. The vet asked for a urine sample and it came back positive for a bladder infection, so she was started on antibiotics. I noticed no improvement in symptoms. In fact, it seemed like she was trying to urinate more often, but even less, or sometimes no urine, was coming out, regardless of how long she tried.
After a day of seeing NO urine, I took her to emergency care, where they did an X-ray and found that her bladder was full of bladder stones. The stones were physically blocking the exit. She required surgery to remove the stones, and am glad to say, she's doing great.
dhankey
NewBorn Puppy Member

Postby meezermom » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:44 am

Dhankey, welcome to SeeFido........I am delighted to hear your dog is doing okay.. those stones are not fun at all.... after my vet showed me some he took out of a small cat, I about died! Those must have really hurt!

However, next time start your own post and it will receive immediate attention....You don't have to attach to an old posting.... :wink: :)
meezermom

Return to General Dog Health Problems -Questions and Answers