Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4584: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
older dog loosing teeth : General Dog Health Problems -Questions and Answers
Save-a-Dog Facebook application: a cause app to help shelter dogs and rescue puppies

older dog loosing teeth

Dogs like humans may have health problems to which you have questions. You are the one that has to identify the issues, symptoms and get solutions. Share your views here.

older dog loosing teeth

Postby ajja1970 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:02 pm

Hi everyone.
I have a 17 year old Chihauhau named Bella. She is in very good health despite her age, but has started to loose her teeth. I am on a pension so going to a vet is too expensive. Does anyone know how I can take care of her to help her. She is still eating and her mood seems to not be affected. Your help and answers would be appreciated.
ajja1970
ajja1970
NewBorn Puppy Member

Postby suebgone » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:31 pm

Have you checked with your local shelter to see if they offer any reduced cost clinics? here is some other possible financial aid you can try for.
I would get her on some plain yogurt daily to help keep the good bacteria in business.

http://www.wolf-net.com/forums/viewtopi ... 0b98287dc5

Please understand that if she has infection in her gums that is going all thru her body. I'm pretty sure you will need to have an estimate to apply to any of the places on the link I provided.

Have you asked your vet if he can offer any help with the billl? Perhaps if you can give him a large deposit he would let you pay the rest off?

Good luck & let us know how you make out.
suebgone
Senior Award Contributor *****
Senior Award Contributor  *****

Postby debutante » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:21 am

please be watchful with her and her teeth.

i know this is worst case scenario, but my family lost our 14 year old black lab, heart, from an apparent tooth infection. from what we were told (after the fact) the infection had spread from her tooth to her gums and hit the sinuses. we didn't know it until she was bleeding out through the nose. we rushed her to the vet, but it was too late. maybe if we knew before hand, we could have fought the infection. i'm not saying this will happen with your dog...just recalling my experience. (i assume that was a rare thing)

because of that experience, i'm a NUT about brushing cape's teeth. i started doing it as soon as we got him...i can't brush my teeth now without him sitting next to me, waiting his turn. :D

possibly there's a vet school near you who might be able to provide an exam at a reduced rate, or maybe even an animal shelter. my mother-in-law's vet has a sliding scale because she is also on a fixed income. i'd ask about it. can't hurt to ask.

good luck!!!!

heather (and cape, the wonderdog)
debutante
Senior Dog Loving Member **
Senior Dog Loving Member **

Return to General Dog Health Problems -Questions and Answers