Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4584: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
oozing lump : General Dog Health Problems -Questions and Answers
Save-a-Dog Facebook application: a cause app to help shelter dogs and rescue puppies

oozing lump

Dogs like humans may have health problems to which you have questions. You are the one that has to identify the issues, symptoms and get solutions. Share your views here.

oozing lump

Postby SR021505 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:06 am

I have a 4 year old 120 pound, Black Russian Terrier. She has recently developed a rather large lump on the side of her neck. When I first noticed it, i looked at it and pushed on it a little and it didn't seem to bother her too much, but a little bit of blood/pus came out. By today (day 2) it is now more of an open sore. I trimmed the hair around it and i cleaned it. While I was cleaning it i pushed on it a little and once again blood/pus came out, more this time than the first time. I got it all cleaned up and put an antibiotic cream on it. She had one about a year ago also but this one was on her back hip and took forever to heal because we couldn't get her to stop licking it. (Thank god she can't lick this one). It eventually went away but I was wondering if anyone knew what it might be and what would cause this? It's a little bigger than the size of a quarter.
SR021505
Dog Loving Active Member

Postby suebgone » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:23 pm

You could have gotten an Elizabetian collar to stop the licking. Sounds like some antibiotics are in order. Could easily be a staff infection, which is very contagious & can be picked up from grass.
suebgone
Senior Award Contributor *****
Senior Award Contributor  *****

Return to General Dog Health Problems -Questions and Answers