Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4584: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
puppy makes "clicking" sound when breathing : General Dog Health Problems -Questions and Answers
Save-a-Dog Facebook application: a cause app to help shelter dogs and rescue puppies

puppy makes "clicking" sound when breathing

Dogs like humans may have health problems to which you have questions. You are the one that has to identify the issues, symptoms and get solutions. Share your views here.

puppy makes "clicking" sound when breathing

Postby doodlepuppy » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:41 pm

<p>Anyone experience that before?&nbsp; My dog will breathe heavily sometimes, or when she's lightly panting, in a sit position, I can hear a little clicking noise in her throat.&nbsp; What causes that?</p>
<p>She's been doing it for months, every now and again....she doesn't seem bothered by it and it only clicks when she's sitting up and panting....never when her mouth is closed or when she's lying down.&nbsp; </p>
<p>no coughing or anything, it's just weird.&nbsp; can dogs get stuffy noses?</p>
doodlepuppy

Postby Lindsay » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:58 pm

<p>Doodle,</p>
<p>I would have her seen by her Vet.&nbsp; What breed is she?</p>
Lindsay
Senior Award Contributor *****
Senior Award Contributor  *****

Postby doodlepuppy » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:11 pm

<p>she's a goldendoodle. </p>
<p>i only hear it once in a while.&nbsp; you have to be really quiet to hear it as well.</p>
doodlepuppy

Postby uptowndogs » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:15 pm

Sometimes when they are panting heavily their tongue against their throat can make a quiet clicking sort of noise.  If it's something you aren't certain about I would discuss it with the vet.
uptowndogs
Senior Contributor ***
Senior Contributor ***

Postby Lindsay » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:04 pm

Yeah, I agree with Uptown.  If she were a smaller breed, or one of the flat faced breeds, then I'd be more concerned.  If you notice any other symptoms, such as coughing or wheezing, then definitely take her into the Vet.
Lindsay
Senior Award Contributor *****
Senior Award Contributor  *****

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:04 pm

[from ar-w---h--o-o-o]<br />
<br />
*sigh* Poodles must be the ice in slushy machines. Adding flavors to the ice to make a tasty slushy... Why do people do this?<br />
<br />
or..<br />
<br />
someone has been watching too much willy wonka

Postby animalfreak7 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:43 am

My dog makes those noises, too. We checked it with the vet and it's just her tounge against the roof of her mouth (im pretty sure). My dog is a corgi-lab cross.
animalfreak7
Senior Contributor ***
Senior Contributor ***

Return to General Dog Health Problems -Questions and Answers