Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4584: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
Neutered Dog having sex with female in heat? : Guest With Dog Problems
Save-a-Dog Facebook application: a cause app to help shelter dogs and rescue puppies

Neutered Dog having sex with female in heat?

If you are not signed up for seeFIDO's FREE forum, just post your question/problem here. We'll help you anyway.

Moderators: seeFIDOrocks, LizzyInTexas, Lawrencesraiser, meezermom, Laika

Postby texaskat » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:14 am

We have a female in heat. Today our male neutered dog was having sex with the female. How can this be possible since the male is neutered???
:oops:
texaskat
Dog Loving Active Member

Postby suebgone » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:10 am

it may be more of a dominance issue, or are you saying they were actually tied?

How long ago was he neutered? When he was neutered were both testicles descended?
suebgone
Senior Award Contributor *****
Senior Award Contributor  *****

Postby texaskat » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:24 am

YES they were tied together. It has happened twice today. We will keep them separate tonight and contact our vet in the morning.

The male was neutered one and a half years ago. I am not sure about the testicles at that time. But I didn't think a neutered dog could penetrate a female.

Your thought are much appreciated.
texaskat
Dog Loving Active Member

Postby suebgone » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:32 am

Hmmm, well I've never had any around that weren't nuetered so don't know what to tell you.

I can't see any reason why they couldn't tie tho the penis isnt affected by neutering, but after all that time he shouldn't have the desire.

Can't wait to hear what the vet says on this. I'd get her spayed today yet tho! #-o
suebgone
Senior Award Contributor *****
Senior Award Contributor  *****

Postby texaskat » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:31 am

We had an appt to get Sheena spayed ....but she went into heat the day before the appointment.

Will check with the vet and let u know.

Have a good night.

thanks. #-o
texaskat
Dog Loving Active Member

Postby GSD_Sasha » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:49 pm

How old was he when he was neutered?? I'm not so sure about dogs, but my family used to have horses when I was younger. One gelding that was staying at the farm with our horses had been "proud cut." Basically, he was a gelding, but didn't know it. At one time this was a problem with horses and shoddy surgeries being performed that left some of the testicular tissus intact. They weren't able to breed, but didn't know it and would act just like a stallion. He would mount our mares when they can into season.. poor guy didn't realize he wasn't accomplishing anything.
Where did you have your dog neutered.. Not saying it would even work the same, but maybe they messed up and left some bits? That's one of the things that have always worried me about those Low-cost spay/neuter clinics popping up. They seem to rush them in and out so quick.. what are the chances of something going wrong? Don't take my word as fact on this though, I really don't know if such a thing is possible with dogs... just that it sounds alot like what was going on with that horse. Hopefully someone more knowledgable can clear that up for both of us?!

As sue mentioned, there's no reason why neutered dogs CAN'T do it.. it's just that they don't have any interest in it because they don't have their male hormones telling them what to do. If he was neutered late or perhaps incorrectly, he may still have enough testosterone in his system to tell him to go for it.
GSD_Sasha
Senior Contributor ***
Senior Contributor ***

Return to Guest With Dog Problems