Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4584: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
Suddenly scared lab : Retrievers
Save-a-Dog Facebook application: a cause app to help shelter dogs and rescue puppies

Suddenly scared lab

Discuss issues you have on our labrador or golden retriever forum chat board. We want to gather breed specific conversations here. Labrador retriever health issues of health, breed specific training or behavior problems.

Suddenly scared lab

Postby Nwagner » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:24 pm

Our one year old chocolate lab used to be great with all people; a very typical, loving lab. Six months ago we moved to a new place and while she has gotten used to the new place she is now very scared of new men. She is completely fine with a male friend of mine she has been around ever since we got her and my 9 year old nephew who she doesn't see often at all and all women. But she acts very scared of any new men that come over. She stays very low to the floor with her tail between her legs and doesn't want to get near them even if they have a treat.
I had a buddy who just returned from Iraq over last night. My lab has never seen this person. She stayed in the bedroom all night and wouldn't come out, even to eat. She didn't even want to come out this morning and when she did, she sniffed the spot my friend was sitting in last night and ran back to the bedroom. Any ideas that may help.

FYI: My wife and I think the breeder we got her from told us we could take her home much too early- at six weeks. Don't know if that is part of it?
Nwagner

Postby suebgone » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:34 am

Yup, you're right on that one. Puppies should stay with the litter until 12 weeks. Six isn't even legal most places. I really think if it was from that tho it would have shown up before this.

Taking her to obedience classes may help get her over this. somehow a man has been unpleasant to this dog. Moving men? Is she ever outside unsupervised?
suebgone
Senior Award Contributor *****
Senior Award Contributor  *****

Return to Retrievers