Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4584: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
Recipe to Fatten Up a Dog: Satin Ball : Treat Biscuits Food Recipes
Save-a-Dog Facebook application: a cause app to help shelter dogs and rescue puppies

Recipe to Fatten Up a Dog: Satin Ball

What have you been cooking?

Recipe to Fatten Up a Dog: Satin Ball

Postby admin » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:52 pm

Satin Balls: Homemade dog treat recipes like this is one can really help in putting weight on an animal quickly, as some use it for putting a couple extra pounds on a show animal prior to the big day, or an animal that may have been ill and needs a weight gain program. It has also been reported that these homemade dog treat recipes will help with some forms of hair loss, such as when your dog(s) blow their coat, to keep the coat healthy and shiny. This recipe is intended to be fed raw.

10# hamburger meat
1 jar wheat germ
1 large box of oatmeal
(uncooked)
1 1/4 Cup vegetable oil
10 eggs
10 small package of flavorless gelatin
1 1/4 Cup flavorless molasses
A pinch of salt
1 large box Total cereal (2 lb)

(You may also add a pinch of garlic powder to add flavor)

Mix all ingredients together well, much like a meat-loaf, then put into separate freezer bags and freeze, thawing out as needed. It puts weight on in a very short time, not to mention the gloss in their coat. You can use it every day when they have a show to do and it does not produce diarrhea. It can be fed alone or with kibble.
admin
Site Admin

Satin Balls Recipes

Postby admin » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:55 pm

Here a recipe for Satin Balls for anyone that may be interested.
http://www.njboxers.com/satin-balls-recipe.htm

Thanks to suebgone for this link.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:21 pm

Thanks admin for your nice update on home made dog recipe. I am hereby sharing basic dog treats as below:-
Combine together
3 1/2 cup unbleached flour,
2 cup whole wheat flour,
1 cup or 2 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup skim milk powder
1 tablespoon (or 1 package) dry yeast
3 1/2 cups chicken or meat broth
Now the recipe is ready for the dog 's appetite. I also like to let you know that I have a valueable list of terrier breeds to share with you if you want it in near future.

Postby bandit » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:24 am

Anonymous wrote:Thanks admin for your nice update on home made dog recipe. I am hereby sharing basic dog treats as below:-
Combine together
3 1/2 cup unbleached flour,
2 cup whole wheat flour,
1 cup or 2 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup skim milk powder
1 tablespoon (or 1 package) dry yeast
3 1/2 cups chicken or meat broth
Now the recipe is ready for the dog 's appetite. I also like to let you know that I have a valueable list of terrier breeds to share with you if you want it in near future.

Oh Dear, where is the nutrients in this unhealthy recipe?
bandit
Senior Dog Loving Member **

Postby bandit » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:53 am

I would like to share my treats that I feed my darling pom which I created

1 egg
1 tablespoon cottage cheese
1 tablespoon mashed potato
1 table spoon goats milk
1 tsp flax or olive oil
1 table spoon brown rice and barley cooked
1 heaping tablespoon sardine LOW sodium crushed
1 tablespoon spinach frozen thawed and water squeezed out

I combine all and if it needs more liquid I add more goats milk, and i used SEA salt IF it needs a kick as this is the only salt dogs can have not regular table salt.

I put it in pie dish or dish that is suitable for the size then microwave until done on medium. I use this as ONE of my training treats. Now remember to ADD each portion to suit the size of your dog, mine is 3lbs so that is about 4 days worth of treats or more for him.

Then there is the meat quiche
1 egg
meat of your choice DONT over put as it must portion out with ingredients
grated cheese
cottage cheese
mashed potato
goats milk
weat germ or oatmeal or (barley cooked)
grated carrots
olive oil, flax oil or fish oil 1 tsp :roll:

Fish Cakes
White fish FRESH chopped extremely small
Mashed potato or brown rice cooked soft
1 small egg beaten with goats milk
wheat germ or whole wheat flour
form in blocks, balls or flats and dust with flour or wheatgerm, oven cook until done. Fish must be at least 50% of mixture

PUMPKIN Pie

1 half chicken breast
1 cup steamed pumpkin
olive oil
SEA salt
goats milk
1 small to medium egg
wheat germ

Chicken breast steamed in its own juices in a tad of water with olive oil and a dash of NATURAL sea salt. Use juices to steam pumpkin. Grind up chicken in mill or food processor once steamed. Enough goats milk to mix, an egg. Wheat germ mixed with olive oil and pressed on baking dish like graham cookie crust, or you may OPT out of it like I do. Grease dish and and pour mixture and cook until done. Your pet will love you for it. :lol:

Yam or Sweet potato and chicken casserole
1 chicken breat chopped very small in cubes
1 medium yam
real BUTTER just a tad
grated cheese of your choice
carrots or green beans cut up
Sea salt a tad

Cut up everything and put in casserole dish and bake covered until done
:twisted: These are not things I found on the net but things I ahve made for him and he loves you might try it.

My Meat Porridge hearty and healthy

USE EQUAL PORTIONS TO SUIT YOUR NEEDS TO YOUR DOGS SIZE

Ground beef LEAN
Ground chicken meat legs, thighs or breast NO skin
Ground Pork LEAN
Ground turkey breast
Ground liver, calf, beef or Pig
Kidney from Calf, Beef or Pig
Barley
Natural Brown Rice
Grated Carrots and Green Beans
Sea Salt
Olive Oil

Cook barley and brown rice until mushy like porridge, they both take forever to cook, add carrots and beans about 1/3 of the time left. DO NOT USE CANNED carrots, you can use canned beans at the end, but not canned carrots. Sautee meats to half cook in olive oil with sea salt, then mix in finished rice barley mix and let sit until feedig time so all the flavor will be absorbed. THEY WILL LOVE THIS dish
bandit

Re: Recipe to Fatten Up a Dog: Satin Ball

Postby vera'sdad » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:17 am

Does anyone have a recipe without animal proteins? My French Bulldog is HIGHLY allergic to any form we have given her.
She is on a diet of kidney beans, sweet potato, yellow/green squash, carrots, kale and green beans with olive oil. She loves her food, but has lost about 4 lbs, and on a 22 lb dog it is quite alarming. I have upped the beans and potato quotient to no avail.
Any leads would be greatly appreciated.
vera'sdad
Teen Puppy Dog Member

Postby meezermom » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:59 pm

There is a bagged kibble that is a vegetarian diet and is made for dogs who simply cannot eat animal protein. I am going to assume you have tried all the off items of protein such as fish or venison right? Have you tried a totally natural diet like the BARF diet?? Beans are not really easily digestible for dogs so not sure if they would help..... what about more sweet potato? Can she handle dairy like yogurt or cottage cheese? Have you tried contacting a holistic vet? This would be down their alley and they may be able to guide you the most....
meezermom
Senior Award Contributor *****
Senior Award Contributor  *****

Postby vera'sdad » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:52 pm

Thanks, and yes to all of your query's, the current diet was prescribed by her holistic vet. The beans are in there merely as a protein source, and it and sweet potato comprise the majority of her mash. That said, I know that it is not being absorbed readily, as she poops about 3-4 times a day. I was thinking about adopting some of the ingredients from some of the above recipe's to concoct my own.
Any other info on this kibble? The problem is she doesn't react well to rice and other carb fillers. She is quite the special needs dog.
vera'sdad
Teen Puppy Dog Member

Postby meezermom » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:36 am

I think it is Nature's Recipe Vegetarian Diet so you may want to google it and see what comes up. A friend used it for their dog who also could not digest animal protein....Have you looked into Missing Link? See if it would help....What happens when she eats animal protein? Skin problems? Digestion problems??
meezermom

Postby flkiwi2 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:40 pm

Have you had a second opinion from another vet?
I've done a fair bit of research on vegetarian diets for dogs lately and there are quite a few differnt food options out there.
You know, it had never entered my head until pretty recently that a dog could be allergic to meat. I am quite interested in this post though because my neighbour has a min schnauzer thats meant to be allergic to meat protein. She adopted the dog a few years ago and was told this (its a complicated situation) but has no idea what meat she is allergic to and has continued to feed an expensive prescription diet from the vet. I feel so sorry for the dog, she has chronic ear infections that they can't get rid of and chews on her feet until they practically bleed. A couple of weeks ago I was patting her and her whole body was hot and she just looked miserable. She had also stopped eating her food for 3 days, had lost heaps of weight and would only lie under the bed all day. I felt so so sorry for the dog and her mum was quite distraught as money was a bit tight, I went and quietly got some of that food mentioned by meezermom, plus I found another canned version of vegetarian and printed off a heap of stuff about adding cottage cheese, eggs, yoghurt, and other canned low/no salt veges/protein sources to her diet. To my delight, she apparentley gobbled down the new food and her feet arn't red any longer and she has heaps more energy. So, thats nice.
Now its my aim to get her to eat fish or even a single source protein elimination diet, even though I know I'm kidding myself there. My beef with the prescription diet is that the first ingredient is corn and the carbs were like 60%. In my uneducated mind, carbs turn to sugar in the body, yeast feeds off sugar, so just maybe a change of diet will also help her ear infections in the long run.
You say you've tried the raw meat diet and that was no good? That was one of my tentative thoughts as well. It must be real tough for you if yr pup can't eat rice or pasta either. Can she handle omega 3/6 in capsule squeezed over her dinner? I honestly don't know what to suggest. I've seen a frozen vegetarian dog food, plus a dehydrated one that is meant to be added to raw meat as a supplement, can't think of the names off hand but will find out if you are interested.
Anyway, I am hoping that even thought I'm probably no help to you at all, I just might be able to learn something from your situation and be able to help another sweet little dog.
flkiwi2

Postby meezermom » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:46 pm

I would like to remind everyone I am NOT a vet!! However, I would like to suggest.....try and see if the dog(s) can handle cheese. Cottage cheese would be a good choice. As the dogs are thin, go for the 4%. If there is no problem, then try yogurt. Again if no problem, I have an idea of a homemade diet that may do it!! But I need to know if they can handle either cottage cheese and/or yogurt. The yogurt needs to be an active culture....Let me know if they can handle it..... Then we will try eggs!
meezermom

Return to Treat Biscuits Food Recipes