Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4584: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
My dog acts weird sick and sad when I put a collar on her : Why is That? What's That? How Do I ...
Save-a-Dog Facebook application: a cause app to help shelter dogs and rescue puppies

My dog acts weird sick and sad when I put a collar on her

Why do dogs do what they do? Howling, licking, sniffing, etc. etc. What is the weird thing your dog just did? How do you get a dog to do this and that? How do you stop a dog from doing that and this? Post here stuff you can't fit anywhere else in the "Puppy & Dog Training Obedience - Behavior" Category.

My dog acts weird sick and sad when I put a collar on her

Postby Kimmy639 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:13 am

We rescued Chloe a 3 year old pug that was being used to have babies two months ago. She is normally the happist dog, sits on your lap all day and is playful. Everytime I try and get her to wear a collar she mopes around acts sick, or sad and won't play. She hangs her head really low. I went and got a really thin cat collar thinking it was the size of the collar and put it on kinda loose she still did the same thing, she even puked. I don't understand. Anyone else ever have this problem... is it something that happened to her in her past? I walk her with a harness but I'd really love for her to wear a collar so she has a nametag and such... Any help?!?????
Kimmy639

Postby suebgone » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:16 am

A loose collar is worse than no collar. she can get leg or her jaw caught in it, caught on something, or loose it. Pugs are very hard to keep collars on as their necks are the same size as their heads.

The harness is a much better choice IMO & her tags should be on it. If you want her to wear a collar, then put one on her & leave it on!

She should never be without tags
suebgone
Senior Award Contributor *****
Senior Award Contributor  *****

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:17 am

How do I get her to not act sad and sick when I put her collar on though? I understand I need to put one on her, thats why i have tried diffrent sizes, leather nylong, tight, normal, loose... but she just acts like shes sick or someone just beat her.

Postby suebgone » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:38 am

she'll get over it, honest. Just leave it on her, but make it snug. Perhaps the tags were the problem? If they are on the harness then they won't be hanging under her neck
suebgone

Postby bradfran » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:23 am

I agree, she will get used to it. It is enough of a pain getting puppies used to it if their breeders weren't polite enough to place light weight ribbon collars on them at birth (mostly to differentiate between them, each pup wears a different color, but also so they don't fight it later), I feel for you having to get an adult used to wearing one.
bradfran

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:52 am

So you don't think that it is something like her old owners used an electic type collar? It seems like she thinks she will get shocked if she moves. I have tried to put it on for days at a time and shes just so incredibly dosile and pukes and it breaks my heart. Thanks for the advice i will just try to keep it on her and show her lots of love and hope she understands its ok.

Postby suebgone » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:38 am

well to tell you the truth, the way you originally described it, that never occurred to me. Sure that could be a possibility. However if you really want her to wear a collar, try it without the tags hanging on it & keep it on her.
suebgone

Return to Why is That? What's That? How Do I ...