Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4584: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
My dog poops while walking!? : Why is That? What's That? How Do I ...
Save-a-Dog Facebook application: a cause app to help shelter dogs and rescue puppies

My dog poops while walking!?

Why do dogs do what they do? Howling, licking, sniffing, etc. etc. What is the weird thing your dog just did? How do you get a dog to do this and that? How do you stop a dog from doing that and this? Post here stuff you can't fit anywhere else in the "Puppy & Dog Training Obedience - Behavior" Category.

My dog poops while walking!?

Postby dondel05 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:12 am

HI

I don't know if this is a problem or not, but my 1 year old dog poops while walking. He doesn't stop and crouch like most dogs I have had. Whay's with that? He just strolls along as poop drops. Is this unusual or is something wrong?

Donald :?:
dondel05
Teen Puppy Dog Member

Postby meezermom » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:37 pm

How old of a dog and what breed? It might be age related in that the muscles are relaxing and he is not able to control himself.... You may want to call and talk to your vet about this as it does seem rather odd to me!
meezermom
Senior Award Contributor *****
Senior Award Contributor  *****

thanks for your reply!

Postby dondel05 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:18 pm

My dog is a mixed breed Maltipoo. 1 year old. I just got him so I don't know if he has always done this or not. Anyone else experienced this?

Donald
dondel05
Teen Puppy Dog Member

Postby meezermom » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:23 pm

Interesting.......has he been to the vet yet for a check up? That is always step one in getting a pet...If not, that will be important and mention it to the vet. If he has and the vet found nothing, my guess is he was not taught correctly and was drug along on a leash and not allowed to potty! So, best thing to do is retrain! Take him out on a leash or the yard if you have a fenced one and get those feet moving! Encourage him to go. As soon as you notice him starting to go, stop moving immediately and offer encouragement. When he finishes, be a good owner and clean up.....and then go on.... if he again starts to go, stop and let him finish. He will learn that he should stand to go potty.. This does rather sound like a learned behavior......he was drug along when he had to go by someone who did not want to clean up after their pet!
meezermom

Postby TheArchDandy » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:10 am

If you just got him as a year old, maybe his previous owner didnt let him stop to poop, Ive seen several dogs adapt to this by simply poop-walking. My dogs never do it, cause I stop to let them, so I dont know what to recommend to you for helping him understand he can squat and not worry about getting yanked if thats what used to happen to him.
TheArchDandy
Senior Dog Loving Member **
Senior Dog Loving Member **

Postby suebgone » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:08 am

there is absolutely nothing abnormal or unusual about it. Lots of dogs walk n poop. Matter of fact I have one here that does it. He just likes to circle when he goes.

I would just be sure his stool is not looking really dry & causing him to strain. If it seems very dry & he is really straining, add some omega fatty acids, sunflower oil, flaxseed oil or even the kitty stuff for hair balls.
Also, make sure he drinks enough water.
suebgone

Postby kimc » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:55 pm

He just likes to circle when he goes.
I have seen that happen many times. But this morning upon reading this, I must admit I laughed out hard. The brain had given me a mental image of a dog being twirled around and pooping...(kind of like the mental image of poop hitting the ceiling fan)... so sorry for my warped brain images this morning..... :D
kimc

Return to Why is That? What's That? How Do I ...