Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4584: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
Constant UTI and Vaginitis of female dogs : Why is That? What's That? How Do I ...
Save-a-Dog Facebook application: a cause app to help shelter dogs and rescue puppies

Constant UTI and Vaginitis of female dogs

Why does my dog do this? Vomiting, Howling, licking, limping, sleeping, not eating, etc. etc. What is the strange thing on my dog? How do you treat or diagnose a dog with this and that? Post here stuff you can't fit anywhere else in the "Dog Health Problems - Issues - Symptoms - Advice - Questions & Answers" Category. BUT REMEMBER: NOBODY HERE IS A VETERINARIAN!

Constant UTI and Vaginitis of female dogs

Postby wits_end » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:21 pm

We got my dog Molly, our husky/golden lab in January when she was 8wks old. Molly was having a lot of UTI and then she started having vaginitis so our vet suggested we get her spayed. (we were told by another vet she probably never had a UTI but constant vaginitis that went undetected) So we had her spayed at 5 1/2 months and still she had the same problems. We then were referred to another vet who did a contrast pylogram because our vet thought she had an etoptic uereter because she was peeing 4-5 times during the night. Our vet also had taken urine from her bladder by way of needle twice to see if she was having problems with her bladder. After these tests were performed and even when a swab was taken before she had the contrast pylogram done which showed a lot of green puss, the second vet said it was behavioural and we should put her on anti-depressants. So we took her to another vet and after a surgery to fix a annualar stricture that Molly was born with (the urine was pooling behind a layer of skin) we are now back at the beginning. One vet we went to actually wanted to put her on ephedrine because he thought she had an under developed sphinter. We refused to put her on this because of the side effects so he got annoyed and just gave up on her.So after 8 months and over $5,000. in vet bills, Molly is infected once again with vaginitis and back on medication. I've never posted anything before but we're at our whits end. Has anyone gone through this and if so, what can we do to help her so she can actually have a life without medications and without going to the vet every other week.
wits_end
NewBorn Puppy Member

Postby suebgone » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:55 pm

Two suggestions - If you are anywhere near a teaching college I'd try there. OR find a homeopathic vet.

She is lucky she got you. Keep us posted & good luck
suebgone
Senior Award Contributor *****
Senior Award Contributor  *****

Postby Luba Puppy » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:06 am

Here some Generic info on Dog Vaginitis and viginal dog diseases. A dog Vaginitis results of a dog vigina inflammation, redness, or swelling of the vaginal tissues; usually resulting from a bacterial infection. www.k9puppydogs.com/dog-discussion-forum/html/dog_vaginitis.htm

Urinating problems in a dog. This infection causes the dog to urinate with a lot of difficulty and it is ... The symptoms of an obstructed urinary track are very similar to those of ... www.k9puppydogs.com/dog-discussion-forum/html/urinating_problems_in_a_dog.htm

And Dog Urinary Tract Infection. Learn basic of urinary tract infection in dog & health care tricks for home use. Use our online veterinary, the veterinarian, vet guide to cover basic ... www.k9puppydogs.com/dog-discussion-forum/online-dog-vet/html/urinary_tract.htm

But I tell you, Sue knows best. Follow her advice. Good luck! Let us know.
Luba Puppy
Site Admin

VAGINITIS

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:55 am

VAGINITIS is a problems usually with puppies or with older female dogs who also have urinary problems. In the puppies, it appears to be related to an out-of-balance immune system or a virus. Some holistic veterinarians attribute this condition to a vaccine reactions. In the older female dog, the musculature in the vagina may be weak, so that urine “pools” there, creating irritation and, potentially, infections.
You will notice the animal licking and grooming her “private parts” excessively. There will be redness, itching, dryness, or a thick ropy type discharge. She might also have trains of male dogs following her.
Although douching is helpful, it is sometimes difficult to get your dog to cooperate. If your can get her cooperation, local applications of Green or Plantain tea are helpful. Alternatively, oral herbal combinations or homeopathic remedies can tone other muscles and calm the vagina down. Since this problem may also stem from other causes, it is always a good idea to ckeck with your veterinarian.
The following oral natural remedies can be used along with conventional therapy or by themselves.
- Herbs: Yarrow + Oatstraw + Marshamallow root help to relieve inflammation, soothe the tissue, and strengthen the vaginal tone. This combination will also help to dry discharge. Combine 9 drops each of the liquid extract/tincture into I ounce distilled water, using I teaspoon to I tablespoon 3-4 times daily for I to 2 weeks.
You can substitute Gentian for they yarrow.
- Homeopathy: Give 3 doses daily of either the following remedies for up to 2 days to get a response. If no improvement is seen, seek professional assistance, as your animal will be miserable otherwise. If the remedy is helpful, however, you can continue this treatment for up to I week if necessary.
Kreosotum in the 6th to 30th potency is helpful for the animal with a red, inflamed, itchy, acrid discharge that burns off the hair around the vaginal opening. The skin looks very raw, and the animal does not want to be touched there. The odor is strong, with both you and male dogs noticing it.
Kali bichromicum in the 6th to 30 th potency is good for the animal with a ropy, sticky, tough, and clear or light yellow vaginal discharge that may hang down the inside of the legs. The animal responsive to Kali bichromicum usually has a weak hind end and a history of bladder infections or stones.

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:46 am

She might have been born with a developed a non regular unrinary tract(including everything to the vulva). Consider this, when a dog develops diabetes, do yougive her shots each day? Yes. If you don't find another remedy soon, you'll be giving her medication each day. Just don't get in the loop where you're covering up one side effect with another medication in case there is a side effect with a medication. There are many different type of medications for the same illness. If you know the medication name, try ordering the medication from someone or a service which can provide a cheap solution. Medication is not expensive due to materials or procedures. Its expensive because some dumb scmuck wants to be a millionaire.

Postby jamesperters » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:16 am

Well good luck. Hope things come around...they should.

Vaginitis
jamesperters
NewBorn Puppy Member

Return to Why is That? What's That? How Do I ...