Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4584: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
Is there an injection to stop a male from mating a female? : Why is That? What's That? How Do I ...
Save-a-Dog Facebook application: a cause app to help shelter dogs and rescue puppies

Is there an injection to stop a male from mating a female?

Why does my dog do this? Vomiting, Howling, licking, limping, sleeping, not eating, etc. etc. What is the strange thing on my dog? How do you treat or diagnose a dog with this and that? Post here stuff you can't fit anywhere else in the "Dog Health Problems - Issues - Symptoms - Advice - Questions & Answers" Category. BUT REMEMBER: NOBODY HERE IS A VETERINARIAN!

Is there an injection to stop a male from mating a female?

Postby StaffsRock » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:53 pm

Silly question i know but a friend just asked me and said she'd heard of it but i never have. She has a male and female who is in heat and she doesnt want a mating so the female is wearing sanitary pants and she is using the spray which i believe is intended to maks the smell of the females season. And obviously there being kept apart but she wondered if there was a an injection for her male cos he's driving her nuts apparently. So im diggin around trying to find any info for her.
Thanks for any help.
Oh and i know about fixing the dogs but she doesnt want either one fixed at the moment.
StaffsRock

Postby kimc » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:08 pm

nope there is nothing out there to prevent the male from smelling the female and becoming neutral to her heat. The only thing out there is for a female and it delays the heat cycle for a few weeks and this is used for females who are being in competion at dog shows.
kimc
Senior Award Contributor *****
Senior Award Contributor  *****

Thanks

Postby StaffsRock » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:13 pm

Thats what i thought but she said she had heard of it and i thought i'd check it out. Thanks for the help i will pass this on.
StaffsRock

Postby suebgone » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:55 pm

begs the question - so why aren't they neutered? that would put an end to his undesirable behavior & help prevent cancer as well
suebgone

Postby StaffsRock » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:24 pm

I know i tried to explain that to her but she says she doesnt want them fixed just yet. I'll try again.
StaffsRock

Postby suebgone » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:35 pm

Have you explained the cancer link to her yet? Often that gets their attention.

Here are some other "helpers" for you to try.

http://www.woodhavenlabs.com/breeding/breeder2.html

http://www.woodhavenlabs.com/breeding/breeding.html

http://www.learntobreed.com/questions.html
suebgone

Postby StaffsRock » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:47 pm

Thank you so much, i'll pass these on. Thanks again.
StaffsRock

Postby bradfran » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:52 pm

Maybe what she was thinking of is the shot that chemically neuters male mammals but I don't know of any vet who would do this. They are researching it as a possible way to chemically neuter feral animals, mostly cats that are sometimes impossible to capture.

What is she waiting for?
bradfran

Postby StaffsRock » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:29 pm

I have no idea. I'm hoping she will listen to reason and have them both neutered/spayed, but i dont know if she will. I'll have to keep explaining i geuss. Personally i cant wait to have my 2 done. Will be done very soon actually. Yay!
StaffsRock

Return to Why is That? What's That? How Do I ...