Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 1028: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)

Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfc() should not be called statically in /home/seefido/public_html/dog-discussion-forum/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1804

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4584: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4587: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1804)
my dog just jumped up on my lap and purposely peed on me : Why is That? What's That? How Do I ...
Save-a-Dog Facebook application: a cause app to help shelter dogs and rescue puppies

my dog just jumped up on my lap and purposely peed on me

Why does my dog do this? Vomiting, Howling, licking, limping, sleeping, not eating, etc. etc. What is the strange thing on my dog? How do you treat or diagnose a dog with this and that? Post here stuff you can't fit anywhere else in the "Dog Health Problems - Issues - Symptoms - Advice - Questions & Answers" Category. BUT REMEMBER: NOBODY HERE IS A VETERINARIAN!

my dog just jumped up on my lap and purposely peed on me

Postby nurse2217 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:37 am

This sounds so strange and I am still in shock, but my 1 year old maltese just jumped up on the couch into my lap, lifted his leg and peed on me! He knew he was doing it b/c he paused to lift his leg. If it just came out I might think infection, but I have never had a dog do this. I am hurt but mostly want to fix this problem. Any thoughts? Thanks :oops:
nurse2217

Postby Mugsy » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:43 am

That's a new one for me!

I wouldn't rule out infection.
Perhaps the dog had a sudden urge due to an infection, not matter how deliberate it looks it could still have been an accident.
Also- Is the dog neutered?
On any medications?
Mugsy
Senior Award Contributor *****
Senior Award Contributor  *****

dog peeing on me

Postby nurse2217 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:47 am

Thank you for your thoughts. He is neutered and not on any meds.
nurse2217

Postby kimc » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:55 am

did you by chance have another dog scent on you? I have seen this happen before, but it was peeing on the leg, and the dog was not neutered. I would definitely monitor him to see if he is having "accidents" frequently and if that is the case, vet needs to be notified and a UTI checked into.
kimc
Senior Award Contributor *****
Senior Award Contributor  *****

dog peeing on me

Postby nurse2217 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:19 am

I think you are right. He has also been having bowel movements in the house occassionally for the past week or so. I will call my vet tomorrow to bring him in. I hate to say it but, I think I would rather it be a medical problem w/ a treatment than a behavior problem. I thought he liked me :( Thank you for your time. I do feel better :)
nurse2217

Postby dogzone » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:24 am

If you rule out all medical problems.....

I have heard of neutered dogs, on occassion marking territory as an unneutered one will. It could be that your doggy smelt another dog and left his scent over top.

Also I have also heard of dominant dogs doing this {usually they are not neutered yet though} but might worth checking.

I am just throwing out ideas...this should be discussed with a qualified behaviouralist....after medical issues are ruled out.
dogzone
Senior Dog Loving Member **
Senior Dog Loving Member **

Postby 2beagleboys » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:13 pm

<p>dogs&nbsp;will be dogs&nbsp;from time to time..infection, yes possible,&nbsp;has there maybe been any change in his schedule lately?.. have you been gone for longer periods than usual throught the day/, does he have a potty spot outside, that maybe has change somehow..any new dogs in the area.. did he at other times tell you he needed to go out and this time he didnt?..take every little change into concideration here, because a dog that never did it before,and now has there is a reason for it..</p>
<p>Vet is a must before it does get worse..</p>
<p>or possibly did you miss his Q that he wanted to go potty..and he just decided not to wait..</p>
2beagleboys
Senior Contributor ***
Senior Contributor ***

Return to Why is That? What's That? How Do I ...