ALLERGY MEDICINE FOR DOGS
There are many types of allergy and allergy medicine forthat can affect it. An allergy can be commonly identified because of the dog's itchy skin. Other ways of identifying an allergy is because of problem on the respiratory system (coughing, sneezing, wheezing and/or nasal or ocular discharge), problems with the digestive system (vomiting and/or diarrhea). Some of the most common one are:
- Allergy.- Dogs can develop allergy to almost any kind of . Dogs are not normally born with allergy, they develop it through a long consumption of a determined product or component.
- Skin Allergy.- It has many causes such as fleas, or contact with an inadequate types of shampoos, sprays or any other kind of substances. The main characteristic of this type of allergy is the rush on the dog's skin and the itchiness it produces, dry skin, dandruff and so on.
- Dust Mite Allergy.- Dust mites are some kind of microscopic bugs that can be found on the dust. The can cause allergy and diseases when inhaled by the . They are fed through "dander" (dead skin flakes that can be found on dust). These mites can cause asthma, eczema and respiratory problems such as fatigue, sneezing, wheezing, etc.
Some recommended ways of fighting these allergies are:
- Providing your dog with anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Frequent bathing with a hypoallergenic shampoo, specially in the case of the skin allergy.
In the case of theallergies, it would be recommendable to practice a hypo sensitization procedure on your dog with specific allergy injections. These shots will help your dog's immune system to process and accept the specific substance or component the dog is allergic to. Have your dog's , mattress and pillows, your carpets and rugs always clean since these are the most common places in which the dust mites will live. Finally, but not less important, keep always in mind that the first thing to do when identifying an allergy or having any other kind of problem with your dog is to run to the veterinarian and ask for information and advice from him. Specially when it comes to the point of using drugs and medications.