Dog kennel flooring
Wood is good for dogflooring provided that it is treated so that it is waterproof as well as stain and odor resistant.
If your dog should have an accident on its wooden dog
To clean urine or feces off of wood surfaces do the following.
- Clean up initially with paper towels
- In a bucket mix a solution of mild soap and water. Using the solution clean the area thoroughly with a mop.
- Mop the area thoroughly with clean water to remove any traces of soap.
- Dry with an old cloth thoroughly.
- Spray an enzyme inhibitor (use one designed especially to be used on wood surfaces) onto a dry rag and wipe the area.
You should caution as not to cause permanent damage to your floor.
The worst thing that you could do is get your dog a wooden floor and then when it has an accident punish it. This will not teach it anything but to fear you and its and will lead to confusion.