Dog Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
1 and ½ cups of whole-wheat flour
¼ cup of uncooked rolled oats
1 teaspoon of baking powder
¾ cup of milk
½ tablespoon of molasses
¾ cup of peanut butter
1 or 2 tablespoons of chicken broth, or as much as needed
- Place the oven rack in the center of the oven and pre heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place 1 slightly greased baking pan on the side.
- Use a large bowl and a wire whisk to mix the whole-wheat flour, rolled oats, and the baking powder together.
- Use a separate medium size bowl and an electric mixer on medium speed to beat the milk, molasses and peanut butter together until it is well mixed and smooth. Then stir the broth in it.
- Next, blend both the dry and wet preparation together with a spoon or use your hand until it becomes a soft dough and starts to pull away from the bowl it is in. If it is too dry add a teensy bit more broth to it.
- Slightly flour a flat surface and turn the dough onto it. Use a rolling pin to roll it out to ½ inch of thickness. Use a cookie cutter to cut out the cookies shapes (whatever shape your dog likes) and make sure to reuse the scraps as you go. You will notice that the dough will become stiffer as you work it.
- Put the cookies on the set aside prepared baking pan and place them in the oven. Bake for around 20 to 25 minutes or until the cookies have acquired a light golden brown color and look dry. Then remove them from the oven and place the tray over a rack and allow the cookies to cool completely. Turn the oven off.
- Once the cookies have cooled, put them back inside the warm oven in one baking tray and allow them to sit in there undisturbed without opening the oven door for 10 to 15 hours straight.