Test Dog Intelligence
Test Preparation: The dog must be at least one year old and be examined by their owner, which must have had it for at least three or four months. A good dog intelligence test requires the dog must have lived in thefor at least a couple months.The test must be done with the in fasting, since of them use as incentive. You mustn't repeat them if the dog doesn't have good results and you mustn't get nervous while doing it, but approach it more like a game.
1. Observation capacity: At a time of the day that you normally don't take the dog out, go through all the movements of going out (without calling the dog). For example: get you coat, keys and the; wait without going to thedoor.
- The dog runs to the door or goes to you excited. 5 points
- If it doesn't move; then you move towards the door. The dog goes towards you. 4 points
- If it still doesn't move, open the door a few centimeters. Then it goes. 3 points
- If it pays no attention to you. 1 point
2. Problem solving: Show them a candy, let them smell it and cover it with a can. Start the timer.
- If it pushes the can and gets the in 5 seconds or less. 5 points
- Between 5 and 15 seconds. 4 points
- Between 15 and 30 seconds. 3 points
- Between 30 and 60 seconds. 2 points
- If it smells the can but doesn't get it in less than 1 minute. 1 point
- If from the time you cover the candy they make no effort in getting it. 0 points
3. Attention to the environment: While the dog is out of the, change the position of some in a room they are familiar with – like the living room or dining room – You can add a couple of chairs or move a table. Start the timer as soon as he dog walks into the room.
- If in 15 seconds they notice something different and they begin to explore and smell. 5 points
- If it notices between 15 and 30 seconds. 4 points
- Between 30 and 60 seconds. 3 points
- If it notices (looks attentively) but doesn't explore. 2 points
- If after 1 minute the dog remains indifferent. 1 point