Dog Abortion . Unwanted Dog Pregnancy. Spaying female dog
If your female dog manages to escape your property while she is in heat and then comes home impregnated, the veterinarian can interrupt the unwanted gestation by giving the dog some injections; the first one of these should be done on the first day the dog copulated or before two days is over. After this procedure the female will still be in heat, therefore you should still keep the dog in theuntil she comes out of heat.
Spaying a female dog is the most popular and most effective way of preventing the dog from becoming impregnated. Spaying a female dog allows the owner to rest at ease from all the dangers and discomfort that can occur while the dog is in heat. It also helps to avoid certain diseases from
Advantages of spaying a female dog
- The problem with the dog going into heat twice a year, every year, ends.
- The risk of contracting breast cancer reduces almost completely.
- If the dog is spayed at a young age, the probabilities of getting diabetes mellitus reduce. Diabetes is associated with hormonal changes in female .
- Unwanted pregnancies will not occur.
- Female that are spayed do not escape the ; meaning they are in less danger of having accidents etc.
Questions and answers
Q: Is it true that if I spay my Rottweiler, Laura, she will become fat?
A: There are some female that tend to gain weight easily, but this does not need to occur if you continue encouraging your dog to do the same exercise as always and if you notice that she is gaining weight, put her on a diet. Talk about this with your veterinarian.